2013-14 FUSA Manager Sacking Pool

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A little trepidation in starting this, since Jol is probably in the mix. Will have to go w/the dude with a Mussolini tattoo on his back :shock: and doesn't believe in ice in soda (now that's a FASCIST sentiment if I've ever heard one!). Halloway is a little kooky and could be shown the door if Palace start poorly and he says something stupid.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/58516071 ... ce-in-coke

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

arsene wenger?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I'd love nothing more than Jol to be first, but for that reason it won't happen. Most likely Bruce, DiCanio, Pardew, AVB, or with the signing of Osvaldo, Southampton's manager.

Of that group, I think Newcastle should be much better this year, but if not, Pardew is probably on the shortest rope. So he gets my vote.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

My picking of Jol is down to three parts of the same equation:

Jol was the man that MAF wanted two seasons in a row + Mac and the board aren't enamored of the football we're playing nor the fans' reaction to it + One bad patch = Jol out on his keester

I think Jol's continued non-management threatens relegation, and I think the board see that also.

7. AggieMatt

Based on?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

In English-speaking countries, "I think" used in this context indicates a theory. I think Mac's background with City made him much more favorable to Hughes. I think the club performed extremely well under Hughes, that Hughes had a plan for going on, and that Jol only got the job because MAF wanted him forced out so as to get the guy he wanted in the first place. I don't believe that the board was ever that in love with Jol. I also think that anyone with an idea about Premier League football can see that for a club like ours to continue to be a Premier League entity, they have to have better management on the field. As you said elsewhere, teams with lesser talent than ours are playing better than us. They did this pretty much all of the 2nd half of last season, and there's no discernible change so far. Our victory yesterday was as incongruous as our end-of-season victory at Swansea that moved us up 5 or so positions at the last gasp.

I THINK.

9. AggieMatt

I was just curious as to what led you to that "theory" other than the obvious "I can see it, I'd hope they can too." We've both seen many things over the years with this club and they haven't always been addressed promptly, if at all. As you know, I'm not impressed with Mackintosh, so I don't have a lot of faith in him.

I'm perfectly aware of what "I think" means, btw. I also know what condescending means. I appreciate it about as much as I do a rolling, writhing Karagounis flop.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"Well said," he said, backing off from the sarcasm.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

We got a Texan dual going on here :violence-duel:

12. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Mourinho. Abramovich is an idiot.

13. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

You just wanted to use that icon. Well played Mo!

I am torn here because there are just way too many choices this season so I am going with the obvious and I will say Ian Halloway. It is so often a promoted sides manager that gets the first heave ho and I really believe Steve Bruce at Hull will be fine because NOBODY thinks Hull can stay up which leaves me with Halloway being the first sacraficial lamb.

Sorry Steve, I really didn't mean to get you fired by picking Ian.

14. AggieMatt

Ha ha, not at all, just some good natured ribbing between friends.

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Wow. That is an incredible list of banned, err, things (mayonnaise [ok, I hate it too], ice in cola, tea and coffee [yet, espresso is ok], and...girlfriends?). Unless Sunderland's goal is to take Paris, they'd better reorganize...and Fulham has already taken 3 away points, so ... I'll leave it at that.

If Sunderland falter early, Mr. Mussolini, Jr. will be the first to go

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

And the winner of the line of the month goes to the good man from the north, Nev; 'Unless Sunderland's goal is to take Paris' :bow-yellow:

17. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Well that didn't take long

We have a winner!!!!!

Sunderland part company with Paolo Di Canio

Could this be the shortest reign for a manage from season start?

Who's next?

18. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Sparky or Jol. Say about 50-50

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Stoke have done very well against some very tough teams, and they're playing good football. Hughes will stay in the job and they'll finish near the top of the middle-of-the-table crew.

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Wait, people are actually considering Sparky for the sack? Yikes we've all lost perspective.

Here's some names for you that will either be fired OR WALK before Sparky or Jol go:

Mackay (despite playing well now, team isn't very good and will regress to mean. oh and the owner is a lunatic)
    Holloway (will poison the well and walk by January)
    Hughton (team isn't very good and they've had horrible form last 9-10 months)
    Pardew (going by historical averages, it's about time for a new Newcastle manager)
    Big Sam (THANK GOD)