2012-13 FUSA International member's club

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dcheather, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... rship.aspx?

Heads up, membership renewal is coming soon. Mo are you willing and able to act as the club president again? If not, is there another willing soul?

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Officially, I believe it is secretary, not president. If someone else wants to do it, I am happy to step down. If not, I will do it again and re-up my membership.

It would be nice if all members reply to this thread as to whether they will re-up for next season so we know ahead of time whether we will have the necessary minimum of 10.

3. tim

tim Active Member

I took a year off, but am considering joining for 12-13.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I will be a FUSA International Member again this coming year

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I'll have to think about it. While I might feel differently if I'd won a drawing, I was a bit disappointed with the returns this year (online Fultime instead of the real deal, the freebies we got) for the price. It doesn't look like I'll be going over for a match this coming season, so I may pass on it this year. I'm still not sure though, so let us know the deadline for when you need to know.

6. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Despite not going to a match this upcoming season, I'll be joining again. Crossing my fingers I'll actually win something this time. Talk about some bad luck considering the odds lol :p

I'm excited to continue to help wherever possible. Being so far away from the club, having a group like this is such a cool way to feel connected to everything.

Looks like we've got some competition this year with NY and possibly Chicago forming their own groups too!

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll re-up

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'll re-up as well, so we can keep our official status.

With local groups around the country forming their own groups and the price of the card, we're going to be hurting to reach the same numbers we did under the old sponsorship system. Honestly, I think we're a bit in danger of losing out. Guess we could always go "unofficial," if we don't hit the magic number. But I could recruit a few members in the house if we really need it.

9. Clevelandmo

Recieved this message from Emma at the Club. They would like ideas/advice,

Personally, I would like Fulham to come to the USA for a summer tour, but I'm not sure that's what she means. If you have any ideas post them here and I will consolidate them and forward them to Emma.

Cheers!

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Perhaps a two-tiered pricing system for those who will not be purchasing tickets and just want to join a supporter's group, and those that will be purchasing tickets? :handgestures-thumbupleft:

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

This is a a great way to officially support the club from afar. There is a cost involved in that, and currently I am okay to pay it. I fully understand the extra money isn't easy to come up with for a lot of people right now, but if this is something you believe in maybe we can work out a payment plan or something and front the money. Would be a shame if FUSA wasn't official.

12. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

If it's down to not having numbers, I'll definitely re-up.

As for ideas, are they asking for the pkg that goes out to everyone or the monthly drawing stuff. For the former, go back to the printed Fultime. I liked getting the new scarfs in the early years of this. Maybe a pic of craven cottage, the team or Dempsey (since we're USA), likely sans frame for budgetary reasons. Something rolled up in a tube that we can frame ourselves. Fulham car window stickers? Those are only a couple pound in the team shop. Anything you could decorate a home office or (hate this term) man-cave with. And preferably as little Kappa tagged stuff as possible. Last year's stuff felt like we got whatever junk they had in storage that they couldn't offload. Just my opinion.

I've never won the drawing stuff, but it all sounded okay from what I recall. Kit, signed kit, signed framed photo, signed team ball, stuff like that. Really awesome, paid trip over for 2 for a match with some kind of team access. That's likely asking too much.

13. tim

tim Active Member

I really liked the scarf from (I think it was) '10-'11. One nice premium item like that can actually make a difference. Also really like Heather's idea of tiered pricing, although that's probably wishful thinking.

It really does seem like the primary benefits of membership are ticketing-related, which doesn't do most of us any good. So I'll echo the others here: better gift items, more (and more reliable) prizes for drawings and a printed Fultime would be great.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'll be back to make sure we make numbers - my warm up top is awesome.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lucky, I got the Europa League scarf. Such bad memories of crashing out, I'm not sure it will ever make it out of the closet. :lol:

16. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Without getting too greedy, I think a nice gift like the scarf, sticker or something along those lines would be a great perk. I also agree that a mailed version of the magazine would be nice but I can still live with the digital version.

Despite missing out, the giveaways were extremely generous so I'm not sure I'd really change a thing. Maybe a few more items so that my chances are better :mrgreen:

I like Heather's idea on the pricing tiers if you dont plan on buying tickets. Last year by traveling to England I was able to use the tickets perks and the in-store discount but this year I won't be able to take advantage of it.

17. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I will def be joining again

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:text-+1:

Although I got a few printed Fultimes in the mail, even non-footy hubby read them. Strange. If you look at the 2011 membership thread, there still may be a chance for you and others to win something.

I think with the replies so far we're pretty close to hitting "Official" status, which is good since membership hasn't officially gone on sale yet.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I agree with Matt [ 6-16-12; 1118 CDT] about the downgraded "goodies" that go along with membership as opposed to previous years. I still wear the Europa League final cap from time to time, and the Members Scarf accompanied me to the Cottage in September. It would be nice if we could get something tangible for our bucks.

Since I've been a member since day 1, it would also be nice to actually win something in a drawing -- an 8-day old Taco Bell burrito would even be acceptable. I am the Panhandle A&M of FulhamUSA. Sigh :angry-banghead:

I WILL be re-upping, though, regardless. :banana-guitar:

20. Clevelandmo

Emma emailed and said the International Memberships will go on sale tomorrow. I forwarded everyone's feedback, and added some of my own ideas, but she didnt give any details regarding any changes. This is what membership included last year for ten or more members. They have actually given us more than what is listed below, thanks to Mike. As long as they send us the signed kit in August, they've given us an extra signed ball (which we still need to raffle) and an extra signed kit (which Steven Lyon won). It would be nice if we could reach the 25 member status this year!

When you renew, please pm or email me with your reference # ( I have to include that in my list to the club as verification of a paying member), full name, and email address. Obviously the sooner everyone renews or becomes a first time member, the sooner we know that we have sufficient #s.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Members ... z1yo7DLVPD