'20-21 UEFA Champions League

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, May 6, 2021.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I can't believe scum actually made it to the final against Citeh in Istanbul. They'll be deserved underdogs against Pep's boys and will likely get drubbed, but still... And Pulisic will, apparently be the first American to participate in the biggest European final...IF Tuchel puts him in. Unless he gets hurt, it's probable, but TT has been Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to the young Yank. At least he's been playing recently. When Tuchel first arrived, as many of you cited elsewhere, Pulisic seldom removed his warmups.
    I STILL can't believe scum made it to the final. They're just not that good. Hecky-darn...

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Undead made it to the Final mostly because the team that was wearing white w/the Real
    Madrid badges were imposters. Have never seen Los Blancos as listless and poor as yesterday. Lucky it wasn’t 4 or 5 nil. Pulisic was surprisingly on the bench to start. Speculation was for him to be fresh for final 30 minutes and possible extra time. His composed handle and perfect set up for Mount finished the match off. It’s Citeh’s to lose now, but they have choked in this competition time and again.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

From what I’ve seen of Chelsea since Tuchel took over they’ve been good and have gotten better over time. Citeh are still the favorites in my mind but I don’t think they will walk over Chelsea by any means.

4. jumpkutz

The British government put Turkey back on it's COVID travel red list Friday, sparking speculation the CL final might be moved from Istanbul to one of several possible venues in the UK or Lisbon. Ataturk Stadium was also set to host the final last year. Wembley and Villa Park are supposedly being offered by the government as alternative sites, but May 29th is also the date for the Championship Playoff final, so it would either be moved to a different date (as would, potentially, the other flanking EFL finals), or to Villa Park on the same day. Villa could also host the CL final. Stay tuned....

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...al-could-be-switched-from-istanbul-to-wembley

BarryWhite likes this.
  5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Citeh v The Undead clash in Portugal. Lineups not out yet, but there will be a Yank on both sides. Barring injury Steffen will be riding the pine. Pulisic on the other hand will play, the question is when. Hazard (pun intended) to guess, but will say while he has been starting (including FA Cup Final) lately, Tuchel will start Timo Werner and the bring Pulisic on later. Unfortunately for Christian, it’s a role he is (especially w/pace) accustomed to more then Werner. and he did it to perfection in the second leg against Real Madrid. Either way these teams are as huggable as a porcupine, and just hoping for an entertaining game.

BarryWhite likes this.
  6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, it's on the BIG CBS at 2 p.m. -- live and in living color, but I'm giving it a pass. Why? Because HatterMom has the remote control on Saturdays from 2-6. Our PBS affiliate has back-to-back x3 cooking shows that she loves -- and I rather enjoy. She was quite willing to cede the telly to me, but I jumped the gun and told her I was relinquishing.

That, my friends, is how you stay married 44 years.

And, I hear you cry, record one and watch the other live!! Sorry, our community STILL has no wifi and no DVR. Sigh.

BarryWhite and MicahMan like this.
  7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Chelsea won. Whoop-dee-doo. Biggest news out of the final may be Kevin De Bruyne’s face. I only got to watch most of the first half (was hoping Pulisic would start for that reason). Oh well. On the the plethora of USMNT games this summer.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  8. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Happy for Pulisic. I thought for a split second he was going to get a goal but I’m sure walking away with a winner’s medal will be quite satisfactory.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  9. jumpkutz

Speaking of medals, they really should stop giving medals to the runnerups. It took awhile, but eventually the Citeh players started doing what most do in that situation...remove them as quickly as possible.

SoCalJoe likes this.