07/08 Fulham Matches on TV

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by martin, Jul 20, 2007.

1. martin

martin New Member

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Looking at both sentanta and FSC it appears were not on TV for the opening game. Bizzare considering were playing Arsenal.....

http://na.setanta.com/portal/systemcont ... adjust=11&

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/4802370

So..
    8/12/07 at Arsenal NO TV
    8/15/07 vs Bolton FSC 5pm ET on delay
    8/18/07 at Boro not FSC don't know on Sentanta yet
    8/25/07 at Villa not FSC, perhaps Sentanta

*looks like we might be able to watch Friday vs QPR online, I suspect we'll also be able to for the Arsenal match.

3. tibor

tibor New Member

just go to myp2p.eu gentlemen and you probably won't miss a game this year at all.

4. andyns

andyns New Member

exactly tibor

I'm trying to decide if I should plump for GJ this year.

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'll have to check that out. I really would like to be able to watch EVERY match this season. Not just the ones I get lucky enough to see on FSC once in a blue moon.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm going to stick with Gentleman Jim. I'll watch whenever FSC has the action, but I grew up listening to baseball on the radio from ballparks far far away, and I developed the "theater of the mind" ability to make my own television from radio commentary.

So, it's "Fulham TV" for me, and a LOT of time in the chatroom whilst the games are afoot!

7. andyns

andyns New Member

That's the way I am leaning Don. Something special about waking up hungover on Saturday and listening to Jim.

Watching games in choppy quality with chinese commentary isn't always that great.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll look forward to your alcohol-marred running commentary in the chatroom!

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is incorrect. This match is going to be shown LIVE on Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) at 6:55AM ET/5:55AM CT. The Setanta Xtra listings do NOT show up on the schedule online. However, from what I have read and heard, this match will be shown after all.

10. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 New Member

This game will no longer be on Setanta Xtra, and will now be on FSC Broadband which will launch this weekend. It will show matches that otherwise would not be shown, such as the 5th choice saturday 10 am match (middlesboro v somebody) , the live broadcast of the 4th choice 10 am match (this match is shown delayed later in the day on FSC), and matches that are in odd timeframes such as this Sundays match. It will be subscription based but prices have not been announced yet.

I think this is great news because it means that this season we will be able to watch (legally) every single premier league match, whether it be on FSC, Setanta, Setanta Xtra, or FSC Broadband (there are reports that Setanta broadband may have some of the odd-man-out matches, possibly splitting them in some way with FSC broadband)

soccertv.com is now updated with this information, for detailed information check out the epltalk.com podcast that features two interviews with FSC Execs. BTW, there is not yet anything on the FSC website about this, someone on bigsoccer called FSC yesterday and was told its going to be an 11th hour production to get the service up and running by sat, fingers crossed that all the kinks are out by sunday morn.

COYW!!

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

bigwilly... thank you for updating the forum on the details of the match. I was getting a bit worried that I would be unable to watch the season opener.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am happy it will be available, but I do NOT understand why this match will NOT be shown LIVE on TV. It is a 7AM start on the east coast and usually only infomercials are airing at that time. I am disappointed FSC is only showing this game via the net.

It is great to know that FSC will be offering this web service all season long, but knowing that channel and the production of it, the service will NOT be up and running by Sunday morning. We can hope, but I would not be surprised if it is NOT available come Sunday.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Just purchased Setanta. It's only $12 a month. Small window, but will be better than Sopcast. Will purchase FSC broadband when it comes up.

14. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 New Member

Yeah I'm a little worried about that too, it might turn out to be a tvandsportstreams.com sunday morning, hopefully the last one. I think for some reason they are locked into the two sunday time slots, setanta early, fsc late. IT does seem odd that FSC has nothing on at this time and won't show it, maybe the contract with setanta doesn't allow them to air a competing game? It would be a half hour of overlap so it seems that would be a stupid reason. or maybe they want to use this to promote their new broadband service and make some extra money off of us.

Either way, I can't complain too much. We've come a long way from a couple years ago. I can easily connect my pc to my tv, the qualitys almost as good as standard def tv, so now its pretty much like having nfl sunday ticket, epl style. needless to say, between the epl, college football, and nfl sunday ticket, im gonna be pretty worthless on weekends for the considerable future.

15. dirtyboy

dirtyboy New Member

My cable bill is already out of control. How much do you think the FSC Broadband is going to cost?

I prefer games on TV because I can TiVo them. I’m on the west coast and waking up at 4:30 AM for some matches is too much to ask on my day off.

16. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Well if anyone can provide more information on this FSC Broadband, that'd be great. I'm checking the FSC website right now and can't seem to find any mention of it.

Though it does look like they are carrying quite a few Fulham matches this season. So that makes me a bit happy.

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The problem is that nobody has any information on this. It has been made public by the Fox people, but the details of this venture have not come out yet which leads me to believe it is NOT ready to be rolled out quite yet. Because of this, it is my belief also that Fox is keeping the details under wraps until the technical aspects are all figured out and working well. Once myself or anyone knows anything we will be sure to post here and let everyone know.

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

This really sucks. I am paying $15 for setanta and I cannot even watch a game of ours even when they are playing freaking Arsenal. This broadband thing is good and all for people who have a computer at their house, but for people who do not it will suck.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, I have a computer at my apartment, but the DSL connection is NOT very quick and I am sure I will experience quite a bit of buffering which sucks. In addition, I am sure the good folks at Fox with their shoddy production will have some big issues with this when they roll it out. I guess we will all see.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm sure I'm going to be screwed as well. I have cable with Time Warner and have the sports package which includes FSC. Having said that, I'm sure that the broadband package will EXCLUDE TWC for the simple reason that Time Warner and Fox engage in bitch slapping fights every 3 or 4 weeks. Two years ago, for instance, FS-SW opted for the Rangers game EVERY TIME Roger Clemens started for the Astros for about three months.

So, I figure that even though I get FSC through cable, that I won't get the broadband access since the only broadband provider that I'm aware of is TWC.