Zat Knight

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by VillaUK, Aug 28, 2007.

1. VillaUK

VillaUK New Member

[​IMG]

Fulham defender Zat Knight is set to have a medical ahead of his proposed £3.5m move to Aston Villa

A player i wanted us to sign about 3-years ago - back then he looked a great prospect and one that would of been great next to Mellberg at that point

Watching him these days it looks like he has failed to develop although he has a couple of England caps to his name - it looks like the signing is on and he will join up with Villa

Its good to have the competition at the back as we have low numbers there - plus he is a Villa fan so will give him insentive to do well and get into the team playing for the club he loves

Just wanted to know what you guys thought

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Check out the Transfer: Ins and Outs thread. We're talking about it there.

... but he's played well for Fulham this year. However, he's not popular with Fulham's fans because he has made lots and lots of costly mistakes in the past.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While Zat Knight is NOT going to light the world on fire at this point it is a bit strange for us to sell him as is thought to be happening. Not because Knight is so irreplaceable, but because we really lack depth at the center back position.

As for what Villa will get they will get a player who at times looks like an England international and at other times looks like a League Two center back. Despite his height he is NOT very good in the air, but he does have loads of experience.

He has taken loads of criticism from Fulham supporters the last few seasons and he will probably look at this move as one in which he can get a fresh start.

The bottom line is this....if I knew we had a solid replacement or two I would be perfectly fine with this move but as it stands we do NOT and our defense is a major issue and Zat has been our best center back this season so far.

4. VillaUK

VillaUK New Member

I think he can do a good job under Martin O'Neill - he needs a manager that can pick him up when he is having a bad time and get the best out of you - O'Neill is very clever at that

Plus i feel Zat has never really had a regular partner next to him so its always hard to focus and wonder whats going on - he has been seen at Villa many of times watching Villa from the Holte End so would be his ideal move

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Didn't know he was a Villa fan. For his sake I hope the move goes through.

Knightmare is just not consistant enough. He actually had three good games in the first week of the season and he will do that every now and then. But the guy has cost us countless points. He just makes some the most brainless decisions, just shocking. I've never witnessed a more frustrating athlete in any sport. Sanchez probably thought he could turn him around and has realized it can't be done.

We do need another defender in imeaditly if Zats on his way out. But I'm more than happy to hand him over for 3.5, I sincerely hope it works out for him.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I've talked this one to death, but to put in bluntly, you've brought the twin of Titus Bramble. Enough said.

If he goes for 3.5 to 4m it will be a 3.5-4m profit to us and much more than I ever thougth we would get for him. Like Tom said, a solid defender at times but equally lazy and lacks concentration when you need him to be there. Also, the worst header of the ball that I have seen for a 'big man'. The only think I am worried about is a replacement.

7. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

lmao. I am listening to yesterday's World Soccer Daily podcast, and laughed my ass off at this ...

"If you're a Fulham fan, you are safe. But if you are an Aston Villa fan, you are as good as down"

That gave me a good laugh to start off the morning. Of course that is roughly transcribed and in reference to the almost certain departure of Knight to Villa.

8. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Perhaps the most polarizing figure during Fulham's Premiership run. And I must say, I'm glad to see the back of him.

I like MON over in Villa as a manager, but I have to question whether his head is wired correctly.

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

So I was a bit surprised to log on and see a story about Zat being arrested in a drug raid. Tough start to a new beginning!

10. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

Wow what a perfect time to be rid of him talk about signing a "Knightmare" I almost feel sorry for villa. Good Luck.

11. Markus

Markus Member

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Whew!

The first thing I thought when seeing this thread revived was that he'd re-signed.

15. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Now Don, is this thread revival about Zat or VillaUK's avatar?

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don, pleeeeeeeease, never revive any thread about Zat again -- them's cursin' words

17. BarryP

BarryP New Member

It's going to be OK Steve. Inhale through the nose exhale through the mouth and repeat after me:

Hangeland is here and Zat is with Villa,
    Hangeland is here and whats thay guys name at Villa,
    Hangeland is here and Simunic may be coming.

Now that we have cleansed your mind of that former center backs name we will cease and desist from talking about he-who-must-not-be-named.

18. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Wonder if Villa would take Baird as well?