Zat Knight Called Into England's Squad to Tour America

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, May 17, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham center half Zat Knight has been called up to represent England's finest in their two-match tour of the United States which kicks off Saturday, May 28th at Soldier Field in Chicago against the USA.

This is Knight's first call-up to the senior squad. "Injuries" have mounted in the England camp and that has given Knight the chance of a lifetime.

What does everyone think about this?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Zat Knight Called Into England

I think this is great and its even better that one of our own FFC players is getting a call up.

Its great for Zat and for Fulham. Too bad his transfer fee was as much as it was...hehehe, 15 kits!!!

3. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

more great news for all the blawhiarmy stateside. three fulham players in one international. not in a million years did i see that one coming

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I think there's a slim chance they will all be on at the same time.

A little surprising, Arena only called up 2 other forwards.. Conor Casey {Mainz} and Ed Johnson. Expect Johnson to get a thorough look, he is spectacular against Latin Am sides, good test for him. But You MIGHT be seeing Donovan at forward, as well.

NOte that Arena only used McB sparingly against Guat and NOT against Mex, a big mistake, in my book.. placed too much credence on CC's judgement.

But even an old pro like Brian can find motivation, there.

5. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Does anyone remember the old chant at England games: "If Lee Dixon can play for England so can I"

I might have to amend it a bit. Having said that, it would be a bit special to see a Fulham player in an England shirt...its really a true measuring stick for how far we have come in such a short period of time under Chairman Mo.