Your political views?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFC24, Jun 8, 2008.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It's funny that you are the only person who ever said that anarchists want to do their own thing. I'm not a damn individualist.

Everything would be community owner and I would take a page out of the Iroquois book of communal ownership and of course classless society thinking. There would be a 75% democracy or a consensus democracy where everybody gets a chance to have their say and vote and if we can't come up with a decent solution we'll keep trying. Everybody CAN do what's best for the community and they would have to realize that they HAVE to do what's best if they want to survive. That's the incentive to keep things moving. And it's NOT the absence of government. It's the absence of a state. There is a clear difference. And there would be some form of non-hiearchical councils to keep things in order. But these councils would be different from what we currently have. An example would be if a community starts sometbhing and everybody agrees that so and so deserves to keep track of things. I'm lazy and I'll just post a link of what I'm talking about.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Political Views: Scratching the scab

While doing a search for something or another, I ran across a site claiming that McCain in citing TR's Man in the Arena speech {What thread IS that in here?} was essentially hijacking an Icon of all Progressives.

Ummm... no! It is the Progressives who have hijacked TR and the name 'Progressive'.. laughably they point to the Progressive Party platform of 1912 as proof. Evidently they dont read much of it.
    I invite you all to read it.

It really applies to a LOT {in MY view} of the problems we are having today.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Fog, it is in my character, cops, and journalists threas in teh World news forum

5. pettyfog

-bump-

Just because

Oh.. and Glenn Beck is now my enemy

I can settle Hannity's simpleton politics, and READ O'Reilly's books, which are quite good and different in tone from his tv show. But I cannot stand megalomaniacs. We dont need Ron Paul politics and we dont need your's Beck... you're now part of the problem.

Or those who set out to support populism for the hidden agenda to make a big buck. I speak, here, of the convention organizer.
    - It's up to Sarah Palin to justify her speaking fee at that meeting, she has said she'll donate all proceeds from all such. We'll find out later if that's true or not.
    That draws a thin line, I understand, but I consider that line drawn here, and I think I am on the correct side of that line.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Social/Moral Conservative
    Fiscal Moderate
    Foreign Policy Liberal-Moderate

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the 5th post on the first page. I haven't changed since then, and won't

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I have changed since then. I have started to believe in a Parecon system within an anarchist framework. I don't really believe in the balanced job complex crap, but the rest works for me. Really the economic views I had were always going to change as I was 20 and just starting to dig into economics. The social views and stuff will never change.

9. pettyfog

Well yer allowed! Winston Churchill said so!

But dont bet on social views not changing.

IMO, The basics are that every single human born on this planet should, as far as possible, be given equal opportunity to achieve and excel.
    No exceptions.
    To go with that must bear the burden of responsibility for their own and their family's fate.

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

One's fiscal views are more likely to change with age than social views. Just sayin'

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

especially if you think and compare and evaluate before your views have gelled in the first place.

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

ah we're back in the saddle again, back where a friend is a friend.

And I'm lovin' it.