1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to making a 'Napoleon's Waterloo' and 'Edson's Westerlo' joke, but C'est la vie :techie-hiding:

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I haven't seen any news of Eddie getting picked up by a Euro team. Any guesses on what happens next for the guy?

Big shocker...no europe for EJ. He'll be playing in the MLS this year.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

CD9 came of the bench to play the last 12 minutes for Sochaux. Speaking of which, Davies's team tried to sign Maurice Edu during the window, but Rangers said Nay Laddie

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

EJ is now a Sounder. Montreal picked him up and traded him for Mike Fucito and Lamar Neagle.

Good Luck EJ.

5. SoCalJoe

Very skeptical, but he did get pretty damn lucky to end up w/Sigi. :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk: Drink up EJ, because you've pulled up a stool at the Last Chance Saloon.

Leeds have hired Warnock, what that means for Rogers is anyone's guess, but being a purchase of the former regime isn't the best position to be in.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Two good bits today:

1. Robbie Findlay got a goal for Forest
    2. Tim Ream debuted for Bolton in the FA Cup at Millwall.

I watched the Ream match and thought he did very well. The "color" announcer expressed his admiraton for Ream's ability several times. Bolton looked VERY good -- albiet against a Championship side fighting a relegation battle.

Meanwhile, Edu had a goal recalled for offsides and Bocanegra did one of his patented near-post headers, but it went over. Rangers lost 0-1 at home to Kilmarnock before 50,000+

7. SoCalJoe

Scary debut for Robbie Rodgers at Leeds. Came in as a sub and had a head-to-head collision with a Doncaster player and was carried off on a stretcher. Have been looking around and it sounds like he was knocked out for a little bit.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Grant Wahl tweeted that the only one who wanted EJ was Colorado and that no one else should. Wonder why he's so harsh. I know he's made mistakes lately but I'm still surprised by that. Agree Joe, Sigi is a good coach for him; I hope he can help him get his career back on track. As soon as he starts doing well the nazi-like fans in Seattle will embrace him. I read his salary will be 1/4 of what it would have been if he signed with MLS last summer.

9. Clevelandmo

Leeds came back from a 0-2 halftime deficit to win 3-2. Warnock talked to the team at halftime. Winning goal was scored in the ninth minute of stoppage time which existed because of Roger's injury. Does that qualify as helping the team? Robbie had a sense of humor about getting knocked out but I''m sure Twellman will have some serious words with him about concussions. I take it as a good sign for Rogers that he made his debut in this comeback victory. I guess Warnock was on the phone during the match and as I said talked to the team at halftime so he had to have approved of bringing Robbie on.

Really hope the concussion doesnt keep Robbie out of action for long.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Any word on Gooch's knee injury? Apparently his right (previously uninjured knee) knee took a knock and he went off this weekend.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Nothing yet. I've only seen reports that he was to have his "sprained right knee" evaluated on Monday. But no news from the evaluation. I guess no news is good news?

But I guess this rules him out of the Italy game next week? :cry:

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Shit...what was looking like somewhat decent defense for the US squad is now shot again. Bleepity bleep.

14. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

That sucks. I hope he has a successful procedure and recovery. Was in recent good form, too.

15. Clevelandmo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Not again. :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow: :crying-blue: :crying-blue: :crying-blue: :crying-blue:

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Crap; well, if Whitbread gets better soon, he and Ream would make a good CB team -- assuming, of course, that you don't have to speak German to break into the squad.

17. SoCalJoe

Uber was redein sie Don? Glauben sie, dass Jurgen mag nur Deutschen? :cool:

Gotta love the free english to german translation on Google (unless of course, instead of facetiously asking HD if Jurgen only likes Germans I accidentally asked him if Jurgen likes only german danishes :shock: _ )

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A couple of things from today:

1. Watched the Norwich v. Man United match today. Not only was it an engrossing and entertainingly dramatic match, but Whitbread played brilliant defense and bagged an assist for their only goal. Whitbread and Ream need to start playing together for the USMNT. If JK reads FulhamUSA.com, then this post may give him a good idea.

2. After about a month buried on the bench, Jozy got a start and bagged two goals today. According the the writeup, he came very close to two more.

19. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

A good Saturday for Yanks across Europe.

- Jozy started and scored in AZ's 3-1 win.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHOuD2dmuY[/youtube]

- Matt Taylor scored twice for Paderborn in Germany's 2. Bundesliga -> http://www.socceroverthere.com/?p=8485

- Jermaine Jones had a nice through ball/assist for Schalke, but they lost 2-1 (4:00 mark).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLHTwyNmEqI[/youtube]

- Andrew Wooten (another German-American who has been dominating in the German Regionalliga alongside Terrence Boyd) made his first team debut with Kaiserslautern today.

- Tristan Bowen (SV Roeselare) and Devann Yao (Boussu Dour Borinage) both scored goals for their respective teams in the Belgian Second Division.

20. SoCalJoe

Even though he doesn't fit in w/JK's system Hercules Gomez keeps scoring for Santos down in Mexico and has to be considered a viable option to make the team.