1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This should probably go in a different thread, but this Ajax kid has committed to the USMNT instead of (I assume) the Dutch. Anybody heard of him?

nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Sergino Dest is in my opinion will step in as a starting fullback. Right side is his strong side but he can play left back as well and has twice already. He’s young and not perfect but for me this is a big thumbs up. He’s already getting playing time for Ajax.

encorespanish likes this.
  3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Ives Galarcep at SBI Soccer says Berhalter can pencil him in at left back. Lord knows something needs to change at USMNT right now. One player won’t do it, but it couldn’t hurt. We’re so far from qualifying for Qatar we couldn’t see it from the top of Burj Khalifa.

encorespanish, nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Jump, he debuted for the senior US v Mexico a couple months ago, after playing very well for the youth squads. Since he is only 18 and starting and performing very well for Ajax, Holland full court pressed him and he told both sides he needed time to make a final choice. Born and raised in Holland (Dad is from Brooklyn).

His greeting for Pulisic when Christian was subbed on in Ajax-Chelsea CL match was very encouraging (Pulisic’s game winning assist went thru Dest’s legs).

Read somewhere that Holland wanted to put him in U20 team first, that had to help us since Dest can be in our senior starting lineup. Berhalter needs to be fired on the spot if he’s not starting next month.

This is the best news the US has had for a couple of years. US finally is filling the talent vacuum we’ve experienced. Pulisic, McKinnie, Adams, Sargent, Dest, and a few others have the makings of a team we can be proud of again.

encorespanish, nevzter and BarryWhite like this.