YA Article

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 8, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Why are you all upset, Franek? That guy is no different than us. he's a freakin' website blogger.
    Since when was YA any more credible than say... FulhamUSA?

Just because he hasnt paid attention to how fulham is actually playing doesnt make him wrong does it?

Just because he accepts sour grapes statements as evidence, doesnt mean he's wrong, does it?

Isnt he entitled to 'his version of the truth?'

Hmmmm... I better stop here or I'll have to move this to the 'politics section'.

heh....

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think the popular thing to do right now for lazy journos is to slag off Fulham and Sanchez for the signings this summer. I mean, they have NOT even played a meaningful game in the league yet and a number of pundits are already relegating them.

Also, can someone please point me in the direction where Lawrie Sanchez ever said this team would qualify for Europe? I do NOT remember reading anything about that and while he is ambitious I do NOT think he ever said this team would qualify for Europe or even the top ten. Thus, if someone has a link please pass it along.

Once again, as I said yesterday, don't worry about what others think and say. They have no more, and in fact, less information than we have about our team. This is not just me being a biased Fulham fan, but I have a hard time understanding how journalists can write something like this without first seeing the end product on the field. We all have the right to write what we think will happen, but I just do NOT think this person did his/her homework on Fulham before writing this.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

But.. let me stress this again.. he is NOT a journalist! He is just you or me or Franek.

See even YOU did it. Look at the Szetela thread, sometimes even JOURNALISTS are NOT JOURNALISTS but bloggers... need more convincing? Andrea Canales!

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Ha-ha, great example Fog.

You both are right. This guy did not do his homework and it is lazy journalism, AND it is his version of the truth.

BUT, it's enough to make someone consider setting this guy straight.

As for Canales, she's gotten an earful already. But I doubt it has affected her version of the truth one bit.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

One thing Andrea did figure out however, is how to get paid for her version of the truth.

Apparently there is a market for opinion and guessing perpetrated as fact, and endless droning on about silly things like what a reporter was wearing while talking to (fill in your mid-level MLS star here).

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: YA Article

But, regardless of whether you are a paid journalist or a amateur blogger, you should do the research and the work necessary to back up and substantiate what you have written.

Yes, I post my opinions on many subjects relating to Fulham, but being able to watch most of the matches and understand the club as a whole, I feel I can analyze and write my thoughts backed up with evidence on and off the pitch.

In the case of this article, it looks like he read Norman Hubbard's article and rehashed it into his own words. Hubbard should sue this person for plagiarism.

One more thing, I NEVER write things about topics I am NOT familiar with. In other words, you will NOT see me write a piece about Newcastle or even the Chicago Fire for that matter as I am NOT qualified or have the information and background needed to write something that makes sense and is worthwhile for others to read.

Lastly, I get the impression that just because Americans are on Fulham that bloggers and journos from the States feel they are qualified to write about the team. That is NOT the case. Many are NOT and just fill columns with garbage that has been rehashed from elsewhere on the Net. That drives me nuts.

I may NOT be a paid journalist, but I take the responsibility with this site to write things based on fact and based on how I see things going within the club. Not all bloggers and writers do this, but in the best interest of all reading such a good site as YA, they ought to look into things like this a bit more before spewing this kind of info.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There is? Then where's OUR money, Christian?!?! :banana: :banana:

9. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Tom, I remember Sanchez saying something along the lines of wanting to emulate clubs like Blackburn and Reading who were in the hunt for Europe last year and that Europe could be a goal down the road!!! But apparently everyone reads that and says, "Lawrie Sanchez says Fulham are going to qualify for Europe." Drives me crazy.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thanks for that Nick. I love how people can twist words to make it seem one way when what was meant is completely different.

11. jorge11

jorge11 New Member

like they say - opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and most stink - LOL

uninformed "prognostication" is fun though -- take my wife for instance. she will pick a potential winner of a game based solely on things like uniform color or how "nice" their supporters are.

she'd probably pick Fulham to beat Arsenal because "those white jerseys look sharp and that Craven Cottage is such a quaint, cute place" - LOL. compared to many bloggers and "pundits" out there, her reasons for picking a winner hold just as much weight as their "research" does.