WORLD CUP 2010 - Pre-Event Whistle Wetting

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

MASSIVE video, Christian [hope I can use that word without paying royalties to the Crew]; I've posted it elsewhere.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

TD Army Better at making videos than organizing supporter groups..
    [speaking of which, Crew FO passes on all proceeds of 'Massive' license to Nordecke, cause they invented it]

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Ha! That's a good one.

Yes, I am sure no one ever said "massive" prior to that, especially the English.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Got to admit I've the video a bunch of times, can't help but get fired up. Btw it's 108 days and counting.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Actually, it draws it's origins from French (massif). There's something ironic in there about Fog and France but I'll leave it alone.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Great video 'Bhoy, thanks for posting. However, I would like to see a pre-WC video of team USA set to "Welcome to the Black Parade" - perfect lyrics and energy for the Bob Bradley, post McBride, USA fighting spirit, Charlie Davies comeback, etc. Maybe I'll contact TD Army and suggest it.

Did anyone bother to watch USA B team v. El Salvador last night? USA down and Ching is brought in. Scores tying goal and assists on winning goal. My Chingy boy has sealed his place on the WC roster and I dont want to hear any arguments about it. Apparently, Goodsen and Pearce had good games also. Also, no one posted anything about USA (more of a C team) v. Honduras. Please Bob Bradley dont make us watch Beckerman again for the USA until after the WC. The interesting thing for me about this game was finding out that Borenstein is a hero in Honduras - gotta love the Hondurans. US looked woeful though, underscores just how much we need all of our starters healthy.

One last thing. Am I the only one on here annoyed about Lorrianda being named as a ref in another WC?

7. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Ching and Kleijsten had really good games. Pearce, Goodson, Gavin, and Bornstein were good.

Evans killed his chances.

I don't think any of the others helped or hurt their chances (which is a net negative).

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's hope we don't have to rely on ANY MLS players aside from Donovan. Nobody is going to be in match shape if the league is shut down this spring.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Wait, there was a USMNT game on last night? I was too busy being let down by the Canada/Russia hockey game to notice.

And the friendly next week is in Holland, correct?

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

heh... from a 'misplaced Brit' Crew fan:
    I'm disappointed: Cunningham was brought in at exactly the right time for him and didnt provide. So much for last chance, Jeffro.

And Rogers.... cant get him to take a shot last fall

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Getting Chingy with it.
    Pearce's left foot and leg had a very good game.
    Nice give-and-go goal Sacha, but may be too little, too late. But he could be the experimental kid who gets to go on the trip. Not much, if any, prime time, but the view from the bench will be better than on a television.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Seems to me that this match was less about who'll be 20-23 than it was who would play himself totally out of contention. It'll be interesting to see who gets called up for the full squad coming up.

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

And the full squad: (no Adu, Castillo or Ching)

GOALKEEPERS- Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Tim Howard (Everton)

DEFENDERS- Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Frank Simek (Sheffield Wednesday), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)

MIDFIELDERS- DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Landon Donovan (Everton), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Stuart Holden (Bolton Wanderers), José Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS- Jozy Altidore (Hull City), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake), Eddie Johnson (Aris Thessaloniki)

14. BarryP

BarryP New Member

How long has it been since EJ has gotten a call up?

15. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Didn't EJ get a call up back in October or November? Or am I mis-remembering?

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Not worried about Ching not being called. No Adu though; I think that is something else all together. Very very happy about the EJ, Beasley and Edu.

US Soccer announce that he the home send-off games before leaving for SA will be vs. Czech Republic and Turkey. Well done by US Soccer. Turkey match will be in Philly on May 29; I'll have to seriously consider attending that game.

18. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Adu's problem is that he offers nothing that a bunch of other, more established players, don't already offer. (Torres, Feilhaber, Beasley, Donovan, Dempsey)

Mo. I'll be there in Philly. Baltimore Brigade is getting a bus to the game.

19. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

20. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

St. Louis boy Frankie Simek is getting a look. Hope that goes well.