World Cup 2006 tickets

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by martin, Apr 22, 2005.

1. martin

martin New Member

Did anyone get tickets yet? The FIFA ticket sales folks were supposed to notify everyone who applied during the first sales window today. I was in on two applications. One got shot down and the other we haven't heard back on yet. Any lottery winners out there?

Cheers,
    Martin

2. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

I applied for six games and my son applied for three. We both got zero. If you haven't heard on one of them it may be good news. Good luck.

They are selling team-specific tickets from May to November but a lot of the more popular teams are sold out. Next window for regular tickets is December. Will try again.

3. martin

martin New Member

Yeah, I'm thinking no news is good news on the second application. Fingers crossed.

I'm a little confused about the team-specific tickets. When they say certain teams are sold out do they mean those teams are COMPLETELY sold out or just that they sold out those tickets allotted to the first sales phase? They wouldn't possibly sell ALL of a team's tickets in the first phase, would they?

4. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Martin - For the TSTs, I think they set aside an arbitrary number for each team. When they say "sold out" it means they sold that number. As teams are eliminated I assume that those team specific tickets go back into circulation - or at least some of them. I don't know if they go back and increase the allotment for the teams that are in the Cup or the tickets go back into the next general sale. It does get a little complicated. But anyway good luck again - I hope you are successful

5. martin

martin New Member

Jackpot!

The second application came through for one match in Gelsenkirchen. We will continue to try for more, but it is good to know we have one match for sure. Time to start saving my nickels and dimes...

6. martin

martin New Member

Apparently there are no USA tickets available in the second sales phase which starts next week. From the Yahoo World Cup web site:

The second sales period for 2006 FIFA World Cup? match tickets begins on 2 May 2005 at 12 o'clock midday CEST (Central European Summer Time). Tickets will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis in this sales period, i.e. applications will be processed in the order they are received. Subject to availability, TST (Team Specific Ticket) series may be ordered by applicants wishing to follow a specific team as they progress through the tournament. Due to high levels of demand in the first sales period, individual tickets and TST series will not be available at the start of the new period for the following nations: Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the USA.

7. andyns

andyns New Member

Martin which game did you get? I got tickets for Portugal-Mexico at Gelsenkirchen. Applied for more, but don't expect to get any, draw is Jan. 31.

8. martin

martin New Member

We lucked out and got USA-Czech Republic. I'm pretty stoked about that. I couldn't have asked for a better match.

Applied for a few more matches yesterday. We'll know in a couple weeks.

9. DCDave

DCDave Member