Wighat v. Whites [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 3, 2009.

1. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

points a point after all,we are edgeing closer to saftey,one point at a time!

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

True, but really, is 17th place this team's goal? You have to win the odd match on the road, and this is one we should have won.

Pah. I guess I ain't gonna want to give the point back, but I view this as two points lost.

10 more points to safety (says I).

3. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

if you go on the Offal they are beating themsleves up,we are rubbish,we should have won,BZ is rubbish,Woy is clueless ect ect

10th is 10th at the end of the day,and EVERYBODY would have taken that at the begining of the season,everybody get disapointed with results but we have improved on last season-which is all we can ask!
    IN WOY I TRUST,COME ON THE FULHAM!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I've mentioned this before, but every season that I was actually in england to attend Luton matches, the team was either in a promotion chase or in a relegation fight. With one exception, there never was a match I attended that wasn't critical. Finally, I took to buying two match-day programmes -- one to read when I got home, and the other to twist into a sweaty, pulpy mess as I agonized over 90 minutes.

Since Fulham has adopted me, I have gone through three complete seasons of relegation wobblies. What I want for the Spring, is to actually enjoy some football and not twist my figurative match-day programs into black and white New Year's decorations. If we're 9th-12th, and can actually have some FA Cup matches to enjoy, this will be a brilliant season. I am not even thinking about Europe.

I trust in Roy, also. Let's enjoy that we've taken points from EVERY match we've had so far with Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal, and rejoice when they show the bottom half of the Prem on the telly, and we aren't on it!

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don't get me wrong, you're 100 percent right. I would have taken 10th with a smile in August. Thing is, it's going to require a W away from the Cottage sooner or later and this was one of the more winnable road games we have had this year. I really liked the highlights where they showed a stand behind one of the goals and you could see the "b" in jjb clearly. A whole lot of intimidating crowd noise there.

I'll steer clear of the Offal and leave the BZ, Woy, F5, etc. are all rubbish for them, but I think it is reasonable to have expected more yesterday. You're right about expecting improvement, but sheesh, who the hell are Wigan -- Real Madrid? Is their rugby team going to smash us all in the mouth?

Don, sorry to see about Luton, I think it ain't gonna happen for them this year.

6. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I missed the game yesterday cause I was at my son's middle school wrestling tournament. I do have a question for the first person who feels they can jump in and answer it.

Do you think Dacourt will start now? Apparently he played pretty well. Any word yet on Etuhu's injury? We're not that deep.

7. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Well I'm joining all you who aren't shaving until we get a road win. Get ready for one patchy beard! Should be better than the freshman english teacher at my school though....

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Probably wont hear about Etuhu until tomorrow, but yes Dacourt should start.

Not only did he play well, he offered a spark and vision in linking the defense to the offense that I cant recall seeing before. Bullard was good at going forward, but was a ball hog.

Dacourt made chips, flicks, and through balls that not only set up the person he was passing to, but also set up the pass after that. I was extremely impressed.

I think my growing love toward Dacourt might just rival GJ/Nevland someday. Just a warning...

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the only question is match fitness. He looked great while he was out there, but that doesn't mean he's ready for 90 minutes of English football.