Where In the World is Stuart Holden?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Holden Leg Fracture

Horrible tackle, you knew it was more than a bruised shin. Now we'll have to keep our fingers-crossed Stu can get back on the pitch for Bolton for those last 2 or 3 matches. The silver lining for him is the club extended his contract through next season, which should put his mind at ease and let him focus completely on rehabbing.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Holden leg fracture

Sucks for Holden and the USMNT, but if it helps Bolton get relegated it might almost be worth it in the long run.

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I like Coyle so I'm actually pulling for Bolton to stay up. He's working to transform them to a footballing side rather than Stoke copycats, a bit like Roy did when he came to Fulham after Long-ball Sanchez. I wouldn't mind seeing a footballing Bolton stay in the league, especially as Stu will be there next season.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Another reason to like Coyle. As soon as it was confirmed that Holden was out for 6 weeks, the first thing Bolton did was to extend his contract until Summer 2011. Compare that with Mick McCarthy. When Holden was impressing Sunderland a few years back and about to sign for them, he was savagely [and evidently innocently] attacked outside a pub and beaten so severely that he had to be hospitalized. McCarthy's reaction? He terminated Holden's trial period and forgot about him.

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I kept waiting for Bradley to give DingDong a little of his own medicine, but it never came. There was a tackle late where Bradley could have really upended him, but he kept the studs down and only did enough to get the ball.

I would have hammered him.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

What the hell is going on?!?!

It's the freaking Curse of the Best Yanks (which apparently does not apply to Cakes,....hmmmm). Or, is it Mo's conspiracy theory in action.

How to explain Charlie's accident though??

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

It's the Curse of the Confed Cup.

The footballing gods sensed the USMNT had become too improved and confident for their liking (after all, the footballing gods are primarily eurocentric, save for a few south american transplants) and have attempted to quash the rising tide of red, white and blue.

And, yes, like Styx, I have too much time on my hands today...

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Poor little Calvin; everytime he gets a break something awful happens. I feel so bad for him.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Re: RE: Holden leg fracture

Got to love a good Styx reference.

I hope Calvin heals quickly.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Holden leg fracture

OK true, maybe Coyle will turn Bolton into a better side than they are now; to be fair, over the past few years they haven't actually been as far down the disciplinary table as I remember them having been, in general.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

saw a bit on SSN's crawl yesterday saying that Coyle announced that Holden was back training with the squad.

It'd be nice to see him get some PT now that Bolton are all but secure.