West Brom @ Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Sep 10, 2012.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Frei & Richardson out injured, and more than likely no Ruiz or Diarra... :confusion-helpsos:

Dear Sidders; Feel free to play the best match you've ever had in a Fulham jersey

Sincerely; Concerned

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding me! :angry-banghead: I don't guess there's any hope that it's some sort of gamesmanship to throw WBA's prep off.

4. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    West Brom were in great form and the thought of no Diarra as CM does fill me with dread, still I'm optimistic about Berbatov (another striker scoring on his Fulham debut? Every chance...) and the fact that we're playing at the Cottage. I'll go with an action-packed 2-2 draw.

My girlfriend's working all day and both of my alma mater's football teams and the White Sox are on national TV- which means, some sort of sports overdose. But yeah, I'll be in the chatroom listening to GJ with you fine folks at 10- I'll be DVRing the match at 4:30- hopefully, it'll be worth watching...

~ Steve

5. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

Our Diarra is not Lass - he's the lesser version. If we're dependent on him, we deserve to be in the relegation zone.

Berbs scores a hat trick to salvage a 3-3 draw....barely.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Doesn't sound too promising for tomorrow's game, which is a shame since we're playing at home. I'll be in the chat for the live match with everybody hoping for at least a point, but may have to leave early for Finding Nemo 3D. :banana-guitar:

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

See yez in the chatroom!

8. sullytex

sullytex Member

At the Lion. I can report that it is an absolutely perfect day for a match. Full sun, 70 degrees and a light breeze. Muy bueno!

Cigar and guinness don't hurt the cause either. Happy, happy!

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

Sad thing is I was in a hurry packing and did not pack a single piece of fulham regalia. I guess a good excuse to hit the shop.

Also first post american match for me. I have to admit I am a bit sad that I won't have a, say, extra special team member to support.

I guess the proof is in the pudding....Fulham supporter through and through.

COYWs!

10. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Great result with so many good performances. :banana-dance: I'll post more after I've watched the replay (in stunning hd).

Going forward, I've got to do better to remember that we're really good value at the Cottage. You wouldn't know it was the same team from the Wed/WestHam week.

Really good chatroom as always.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Just watched the match - Great win - I'm already a Berbatov supporter. Dude does a job and also directs the traffic. COYW! Back in the saddle again. My midfield fears were alleved by a good showing by Knuckles and the Ginger Ninja. Loved it. Might keep Berba's first goal on dvr for a bit - Kaca was great in what I saw. I watched about 1/3 of the match at various points. Temper my opinion with that in mind.

COYW

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Interesting match.

For a side that had such a great start to the season, WBA was passive out there -- almost frightened. We were there to be overwhelmed, but the Baggies rolled in to a ball and whimpered "don't hurt me" instead of going for it. Thanks! For that reason, it's hard to assess what this performance may mean down the road for this squad.

High marks for Kacaniklik, Riether, Baird, Riise, and -- of course -- Berbatov. Nice debut cameo by Alex Smith, as well.

6 points in four matches; goal difference of plus 4. Not too bad. :banana-guitar:

13. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Baird was great on the ball and the wingers did their job. Yes a few passes were over/short, technically even Kaca's was a bit behind, but Berbatov's control was spot on and everyone worked together with a single mind. Much happier now knowing we can build off this, but more importantly 3 more points.

Be interesting to see Petric/Berbatov vs. Roga/Berbatov. I think Petric may work a bit better, but hopefully we will be able to rotate them as needed.

All and all coming into Wigan away I think if we match the performance we should get another 3 points.

14. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Was away from home and not able to watch the match. Sounds like I missed out on some Berbabilities. :bow-yellow:

15. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    Great chatroom and glad the match was worth watching afterwards (even if I was half-asleep for chunks of it). Can't really find anything to complain about- both of Berba's goals were top class (it looks like we definitely have our #1 penalty taker for the season), especially his first- which was set up by a good Special K pass (even if it was helped out by Berba's control), the midfield was solid throughout- Kaca and Duff were great at times, can't complain about Baird and while Sidwell's goal involved a bit of luck (for him, bad luck for Rodallega) it was still well-taken and he kept the ball reasonably well. Odemwingie's foul on Riether was brutal, luckily he wasn't hurt- it seemed like petty frustration rather than malicious anger at Riether- still being a man up might've helped us look so good the rest of the way. I'll be traveling during the Wigan game, so I'll miss it- but there's no reason we can't get our first away win if we play anywhere near as well as we did on Saturday.

~ Steve

16. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Really glad we won this weekend. Didn't get to see much of it, but we're a completely different side at the Cottage (most of the time). Raise your hand if you thought it was gonna be that easy against an in form West Brom...mine's down. Just hope we can keep it going at DW. If ANY road match is winnable, this is it.

17. SoCalJoe

Have yet to watch the DVR recording, but great point by SC about Bairdinho. What a luxury to have a super utility player that sometimes you forget he's even on the squad, that can be plugged into a variety of positions and can do a solid job.

3 points calls for a :banana-guitar: or :banana-rock: :banana-parachute:

18. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Very solid effort by the Mighty Whites. I've had my doubts about Berba' in the past, but I thought his control, presence, aura...whatever you want to call it, brought a real sense of composure to the squad. Now let's back it up with 2 (or more!) performances in a row!

19. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

Just finished watching the game on DVR - missed it on game day.
    Good performance, but WBA played their worst game of the season and were a man down for a large chunk of the game. Still, we controlled the ball much better than I would've thought with the two central MF we put out there. I give both of those guys credit - not sure they could do it vs. the big teams, but nice job today. Baird's passing was especially nice.
    Berbs showed why ManU paid so much (and how Sir Alex sometimes cuts of his bulbous nose to spite his face) for him. Guy is absolute quality - still can't believe we got him. Clearly the best player on the pitch.
    The player who hasn't shown it for us yet - but will - is Rodallega. The combination of he and Berbs is gonna be a good one.
    Good performance by the defense, though WBA will be disappointed in their offensive display and wasteful/aimless passing.
    Still - huge three points. Really nice result. Looked like a beautiful day to be at the Cottage. It'd be great to keep the momentum going.

20. SoCalJoe

Like Shiner just got through the first 45 on the dvr, the lads looked real sharp. I liked Kelly, but Reither is an upgrade at RB. Kaca is going to be hard to keep out of the starting XI. It looks like Joey Barton's long lost cousin plays for WBA. Peter Odemwingie with as blatant and moronic a red card as you'll ever see.