Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about....

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Jan 6, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

On the kiddie board, Shady1 posted the teaser... but this would make perfect sense as the "Shocker" Friday trade.

Klinsmann doesnt like having to patch together squads and would want to get his core team togehter early on... can only count so much Home field effect for '06.

Klinsmann quote while addressing another topic

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I hope this does not happen. Volz is my favorite Fulham player. I like his energy and work ethic for the club. He is a part of the solution in my opinion. He is one we should keep.

3. Lauren

Lauren New Member

RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about....

I started crying when that post went up!!! Noooooooo!!! I think it's a wind-up though. I don't think Shady1 posted it. He has good sources within the club and he wouldn't be able to get away with revealing info like that to everyone before the Club did. He knows he's not allowed to disclose who it is and I doubt he'd do that. It's probably someone pretending to be Shady1 trying to wind people (especially me) up. I really hope that's the case!!! Volz spoke in the German press a few weeks ago saying he didn't want to leave Fulham when there were rumours Schalke 04 were after him. He only signed a year ago!!! It can't be!!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!! :cry:

4. pettyfog

RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about....

Well posted, Lauren....

On YOUR side, besides the breach of trust issue, there is the stated transfer fee.

Surely Volz is worth more than that.. at least 3.5 if he's German Team quality.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about....

First off, if he does leave we had better have some 'in the bag' defensive signings worth talking about, or else we're in trouble.

I DON'T WANT VOLZY TO GO! But what I saw on the official messageboard was 1.75 million??? Surely not, that is less than we paid for him isn't it?

Lastly, the site is not down because of that, we've sold players out of no where and the site never went down..Davis, Finnan, Brevett....I think that happends to be a coincidence.

6. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about....

Smoke/Fire!

Even the reaction can be seen as a portent... i think.

It MAY happen at some time if he continues to improve. Believe it: Klinsmann wants the hand on his team. He brought Moritz on, and that's no mistake.

7. Lauren

Lauren New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about....

But Klinsmann lives in California doesn't he? So technically he's closer to Moritz playing for Fulham than he would be if he moved to Germany! Or have I completely missed the point....

8. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann about.

Ah, yeah... he's keeping his family there {LA Galaxy really misses his help in practice sessions... dumped their manager after JK took on Germany} but the recent Asia friendly trip pointed out that he needs as many of his '06 hopefuls in-country.
    It's the leagues' sched's that interfere... not geography.

Arena and MLS are often at odds as you might expect

9. Lauren

Lauren New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann ab

Oh ok I understand now... so it's to do with the Prem not having a winter break! But Hitzlsperger and Huth couldn't go either. Anyway I have spoken to people since the hoax and I have it on good authority that Mr Volz is not going anywhere!!!!

10. pshelton

pshelton New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsmann ab

Has anyone heard if Edwin VDS is leaving or staying? He and Volz are my favourite players so I hope neither goes.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klinsman

I have heard relatively little about Van Der Sar. I did read he was not sure where he was gonna play next season, but I did not hear anything about staying or leaving in January. I was one who voted on the FulhamUSA poll to sell him as I really do not think he will be back next year and we could get a few million for him.

12. pshelton

pshelton New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell Klin

As much as I hate to see him go, since he is a free agent this summer, I think Fulham should set VDS as well. I would still like to see them pick up someone like Tim Howard, but think we need some field players as well.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Volz to Munich? I smell

Tim Howard would be great, but I do not think Sir Alex is gonna give up on him yet. Although the only way Timmy is gonna get better is by playing. I really like him.