Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Dec 14, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Is it just me? Every time I see a preview for this movie, and I see Tom Cruise in his NAZI uniform and that really butch eye-patch, all I can think of is ... is this the long, lost missing member of the Village People?

What a joke the little guy has turned out to be.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

:3d laughing:

3. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Don, you just explained it perfectly. Who thought that this would be a good role for Tom Cruise?

4. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

I thought the same thing, but when they started making the film they showed a picture of the real guy and Tom. They looked eerily similar.

But my guess is the real guy was a foot taller... :lol:

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

ehhh... get over TC's 'too weird for even Becks and Posh' bizarre off-camera personna.

He's a once and maybe 'Moom pitchur' star. I watched MI3 and thought it was fun. On the whole, though, I still prefer Jackie Chan.

6. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Tom Cruise has always made decent movies, (except for Cocktail). I woner if this one is worth seeing?

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

He can't pull of wearing a Nazi uniform like Prince Harry.

I've just read a synopsis and it looks like the kind of film that will just make me angry. Modern WWII movies fail when compared to the greats such as the Longest Day, Battle of Brittain and the Dam Busters.

Plus - no modern film has given English terraces anywhere near good enough tunes to sing - The Great Escape and the Dam Busters (sung when playing Germany) lift the crowd.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'm w/ Stu here. Von Stauffenberg was one of the only principled individuals in Nazi Germany and I don't have faith in Hollywood, especially that little man, to do him justice. I'll just reread that part in Rise & Fall of 3rd Reich if I want some more info on him.

Although Saving Private Ryan would be the exception to the rule. Thank you Mr. Hanks for your sweat and endeavor, you did yourself proud.

9. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Also, thought 'Band of Brothers' was quite good, though not really a movie but a dramatic series. LOTS of British actors playing American parts. I really enjoyed it and thought it seem quite real.

Love the Longest Day.