USWNT: v Germany - Cleveland May 22

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, May 6, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Just putting it on the discuss list.

I attended several matches of 03 WWC.

While I'm normally a staunch advocate of 'support your local', and 'it's all relative'...That cured me of interest in it, pretty much.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I feel very guilty that I'm not going. Arguably the two best women's teams in the world, and being female myself, I should show my support for them. However, we're headed to Philly the following weekend to watch the US take on Turkey before they leave for SA, and I dont feel like dragging the family to two international matches so close together.

I also saw the US women play China here a few years back and while the players are fantastic, the whole event was very forgetable. No one tailgated before the game, the stadium was 3/4 empty, and very lame crowd support, despite my friend's best efforts to rouse them. If its televised, I'll support them via my remote.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I went to that one too, and I remember that, while watching the players was excellent, I didn't know if I would go see it again, for the reasons that you stated. I dunno, I'll make that call closer to the game. I do know that the CL final that day can move to DVR, I'll take a live game over that one.