1. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Heading down to Nashville.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Would be interested in what you thought Barry. Do they look different under Sermanni? Why on earth was Christen Press not given a senior cap before these last two friendlies. Does anyone else find it frustrating that the first two matches this team plays under a new coach were not televised, or is it just me.

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the match but it is way too early for Sermanni to put too much of a stamp on what is a veteran team. I was disappointed not to see Alex Morgan in action as she was out injured. Leroux was full of running and had more than a few moves in her arsenal but after pulling off the run of the match her shot was at least 5 yards wide of goal and I am probably being kind. Press on the other hand looked masterful every time she touched the ball and will be pushing for playing time in my opinion. Megan Rapinoe was probably the most impressive and most most disappointing field player all in the same night. She would do something amazing to hold onto the ball when surrounded by the opposition and then pass it directly to them or out of play around half the time it seemed like.

It would be hard to take to much from the Scotland matches because the US was just more talented. Scotland played hard but they were not fielding a squad of the same talent level although their one goal was a thing of beauty.