USMNT WC Qualifiers v T&T and @ Mexico

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Jun 5, 2017.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not quite sure I'd give it to Geoff even though he was immense, that near calamitous own goal in the first half would prevent my vote. What about his CB partner Omar Gonzales? He was tremendous as well, but as pointed out there were more than one standout.

Watched the match w/El Tri supporters, the looks on their faces when Bradley hit the post were priceless.

nevzter likes this.
  2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I don't usually hedge like this but I'm not sure there was a man of the match. This draw was a team effort and I'd be inclined to give a nod to the central 5 of Gonzales, Cameron, Ream, Bradley and Acosta. With the lone exception of the the counter ending in Vela's goal they pretty much forced everything wide and kept Mexico playing on the edges.

nevzter likes this.