USMNT vs. Trinidad & Tobago

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Nov 17, 2023.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Only saw a bit of the second half before tuning away for college hoops. Stunned to see the 3-nil scoreline after what little I saw. Personally I can’t get too excited this early in the World Cup cycle but was encouraged to see Jedi come up big in the last 10 minutes with a nifty assist to Gio for the opener (finally) and a left footed laser to the top left corner from just outside the 16 for our second tally. And a clean sheet is always a good thing. The bad news? It took us 45 minutes of less than stellar attacking to finally take advantage of defender Noah Powder’s exit after a second yellow card. Still too soon to worry about such things though.

nevzter, SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I don't know. Same bunch of core players*. Same coach. Same pedestrian, discouraging tactics. I don't know.

(* I know... Pulisic, Weah and Adams, but still.)

nevzter likes this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sergino with a nice assist to Jedi…and then truly a temper tantrum for the ages. He literally decided to kick the ball and go home. Not sure if I’ve ever seen US teammates be that pissed off at another like that. Berhalter with his usual ineptitude away from home.

Copa draw is Dec. 7

nevzter likes this.