USMNT v Sweden 1/24

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FulhamAg, Jan 19, 2009.

1. USAFulhamFan

USAFulhamFan New Member

ussoccer.com has the highlights

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Didn't watch the full match because I stupidly saw the result before watching off my DVR, but watched the highlights on USSoccer.com. On top of Kljestan (obviously), it appeared that Ching had a great game; seemed like every time he was shown, he was in great position, had a defender draped all over him, and won a foul. Also made a nice layoff to set up Kljestan's third goal. He looks like a worth heir to the McBride role.

Regarding Wynne, "great going forward, poor defending" has been the knock on him all along. It's disappointing that he hasn't improved a ton in this regard. If MLS isn't providing him with that kind of an opportunity, then I guess either he needs to find it abroad, or find a club where he can be an attacking wing back in a five-man back line.

3. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Well, I just have to say that Kljestan has been my man ever since he got his first cap against China (at least I think thats correct). Good for Sacha and I really hope he is able to move to europe and play for a top level team if not for Celtic.

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Wynne has the brilliant speed to make up for positional mistakes and bad defensive decisions. If he can learn to do better in both areas (he may have to learn this before going to Europe unless someone wants a project!) and learn to give a decent cross, he'd be aces.

I really hope Kjlestan starts for Mexico. Where to place him though? I'd put him on the left instead of DMB, but I'm not sure.

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I on the other hand hope he starts against Mexico. :lol:

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I would put him in the middle with Bradley.

DMB on the left and Donovan or Dempsey on the right (the other up top at forward).