USMNT v Mexico @ Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by quickdraw, Jan 26, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Cool! No pun intended.

If they found Oakland inhospitable against Sweden, they should love Columbus.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

45K pro-Mex attended to support El Tri...in vain. And yet further support for never featuring a USA v. Mexico match in the bay area.

Oh how I wish I was attending the match. Give a good shout FUSAers and drop a report on us.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

AARGH -- cannot attend, at least not now -- will have to try to work something out

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yeah, Mexico, that should work. Go with that strategy. :3d laughing:

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I can't imagine why Radio Shack thought that might be controversial.

7. sullytex

sullytex Member

Born in Texas grew up in Houston. I have lived in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and Chicago over the last 10 years and have been pulled back to Texas every time (for various reasons) as I will when my gig here in the UK is up. I wish there was a bit more Shade in August in Houston.

I loved Shadyside. I will say that I was very sad to leave Pittsburgh, PA. Loved that town (given your nickname, that must make you cringe!)

The description about the Guerra Fria above was pretty well on the money. The Mexicans always come up with nicknames for the games. I think the last one was in Houston after we decimated them in the world cup was 'la revancha en la concha', which I belive the translation in English means 'revenge on the pitch'. Not as sexy in English.

Don't follow you on the nickname....please explain.

I'll have to read about the results of this game in the paper though.

Looks like a great day at Cottage tomorrow weather wise....however, this is England, and that can change by the hour. Look for my smiling face in section HL, about 6 rows up. You'll know me, I look like the American dude.

8. Clevelandmo

Sully is the nickname of the pilot who safely landed the US Air plane on the Hudson River.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

Gotcha.

10. Clevelandmo

11. Clevelandmo

12. jmh

jmh New Member

RE:

Wait, hold on... this isn't actually the squad, is it? Europe-based players are going to be called in, right?

13. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Re: RE:

All signs point to the normal squad being called in for the game. This is just the "camp" squad.

14. Clevelandmo

Re: RE:

Also, my link shows that Hanover said "no" to the call up for Cherundolo. Bradley has got to be bringing in the Euro based players.

Also, for clarification I didnt mean it is "marvelous" that 'dolo is out. I meant that I would like to see Marvel Wynne play at RB.

15. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

RE: Re: RE:

Second what she said. We may lose some BIG Match nuance, but we won't lose a step (may even gain half of one).

16. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

RE: Re: RE:

Weather channel is currently forecasting low of 48, high of 53 with showers (50% precip chance).

The local stations (ABC, etc.) are predicting about the same thing.

Bummer - I wanted to watch El Tri freeze their butts off while I bravely endured the frigid temperatures. :-(

17. Clevelandmo

That is a bit of a bummer about the warm weather, will probably be the warmest day of the year so far.

Sven drawing more criticism from the Mexicans

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/114/mexi ... am-day-off

I'm not sure that's as big of a deal as it sounds. Sven's called 7 players in from Europe so I doubt they're even there yet.

18. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

I have absolutely no reason for this, but Hedjuk just bugs me. So I'm hoping for Wynne as well.

19. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I like Hedjuk in this game over Wynne. Wynne is more dangerous on the attack, but he does have more defensive lapses than Hejduk. Keeping the shut-out is important in this game.

Also, FYI, the last game the USMNT lost on US soil was the 2-4 loss to Brazil a few years back.

20. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

USA-2

El Tri-0