USMNT playing Sweden

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Spencer, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6 ... 2&ATT=2737

Not a huge deal but its good to see we've scheduled a friendly against a decent side on their home ground in Europe. Much better than playing Guatemala in Dallas for the 1,512th time.

It'll be our first I imagine since the debacle against Germany and those two wins over Poland.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good news... I'm assuming that team will be primarily european and training done on that side of the pond.

Good occasion to see some of the yanks abroad get a chance.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah; finally we might be able to see Heath Pearce as a LB. Based on what I read though, not much of a chance of Bjorn making the Swede side.

4. K.Snyder

K.Snyder New Member

Still a long way away...

There's no telling what the roster may look like with that much time in between...

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Gooch vs Ibrahimovic

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I think it's a great thing the US is going over to Sweden to play. Given that Euro2008 qualifiers will resume shortly after this exhibition, I expect Sweden to put out an "A" squad. The US could use more challenges, and this is a good one. While I was not pleased with the USSF taking the rest of 2006 off after the WCs; I'm very happy with the pro-active schedule so far this year.