USMNT at Cuba

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Oct 7, 2016.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I think Fidel and Raoul have been shorting the Cuban FA and sending their money to the baseball federation because that pitch was, well, DAY-UM. Bad ain't the word. Wasn't able to watch all of it, but the starters sucked. The second half subs, especially Wondo, made sure to "spare our blushes" but even with the adverse conditions, we should have done better. Green was better, but the defense wasn't, as they could have easily scored 3 0r 4. Don't know what to think of young Horvath yet, this wasn't a "normal" international match.
    I was most afraid that someone would get seriously hurt. I hope everybody came out of it without any career threatening injuries. Birnbaum's head will need stitches or staples, but I really thought somebody was going to lose a knee or an ankle out there. And I don't know who the ref was, but again, DAY-UM.

nevzter likes this.
  2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Agree with Jump, my boy plays on pitches 100x better than that pasture (seriously, the only things missing were the piles of manure). I think the squad made it out unscathed aside from a judo kick to the head.

And if you didn't see the match, don't bother, you didn't miss anything.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ian "Will somebody please fire this asshat" Darke pointed out that the stadium has no running water!

It was dire football, but what can you do when the pitch is so poor you can't pass? Shame for Pulisic. He's all about silk and all he had was a brillo pad.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I recorded the match and tried to watch it but fell asleep early into the first half.