USA v. Brazil - Friendly - Aug. 10

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nevzter, Aug 4, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This just in: Brazil is better than we are.

I just finished watching the match on DVR, it's after midnight, I've had a drink or two, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses, so just a couple of quick notes.

1. How scary is it when the worst Brazilian player on the pitch is Danny Alves?

2. The new kid Neymore, Malware, uh #11 is seriously dangerous.

3. NOW do you see where all the fuss about Robihno came from two summers ago?

4. What impressed me most about the Brazilian forwards? With only one exception I could remember, they constantly pressured our back line, ran into space off the last defender's shoulder, and didn't get called for off-side. There's a 90 minute clinic for any coach on discipline and timing.

5. I don't think we played badly; I think we were a pretty good triple-A franchise playing the Yankees.

6. First half kudos to Edu and Buddle.

7. Second half kudos to Goodson and Guzan.

8. Please, please, PLEASE tattoo "show some discipline on the ball" on the right thighs of Klesjen, Feilhaber, and Bornstein.

9. Good to see that the others who watched and then posted here haven't begun to call for Jurgen Klinnsman.

Good night, USA!

2. EricD

EricD New Member

That was painful.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks for your contributions Bob. Brazil was phenominal. That Ganso guy my friend in Brasilia has been telling me about was very good on the ball. That Santos team in Brazil must be one hell of a team, they currently have Ganso, Neymar, and Robinho.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

I agree with Don, Goodson looked pretty good in the second half. If that had been a meaningful match and not a friendly... well, he wouldn't necessarily have started, but he would've been above Gonzalez in the pecking order, anyway.

Is there some rule that USA goalkeepers must lose their hair at an early age? It's happening to Guzan now too.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I was starting to get upset as I watched.. then I remembered what the match was for, flicked my wrist and thought: Ehhhh!
    Well... I think most the FUSA'ers are well conditioned after this summer and they fear our wrath.
    No one with cognitive footy biz gray matter could possibly push him as 'GOOD for the TEAM' Good for USA soccer program, maybe, not the TEAM.
    Meantime there's a few talk about JK for Villa.
    dolts.

Oh, btw. Im pretty sure the players were also playing not to get hurt. That magnifies the differences between the collective skill levels.
    - Interesting we dont see that so much, anymore, in the MLS/EPL friendlies

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

My feelings are still: meh. And as stated above, it appeared most of the U.S. players felt the same way.

But damn, as others have also said, Brazil played beautifully: ping-ping-ping-ping-ping-through ball-ping-ping-ping...Dunga should've brought some of these youngsters, they're friggin' good (not exactly rocket science there.)