Uh oh.... PRETENSE ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Jan 12, 2005.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/12/wmd.search/index.html

Few points I'd like address...

"In October, Duelfer released a preliminary report finding that in March 2003 -- the United States invaded Iraq on March 19 of that year -- Saddam did not have any WMD stockpiles and had not started any program to produce them."

Ok, this is the big one. This should be the only point if any is important since he was going after "yellow cake" and we had picture of bulldozers hiding buring the weapons in the desert. But I'll go on and play ball.

"[Saddam] wanted to end sanctions while preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction when sanctions were lifted,"

Sure, and I'm IN NO WAY condoning the life and times of Saddam, BUT if we are a big advocate for getting rid of nuclear weapons, WHY do we have them, and especially WHY DOES ISRAEL HAVE THEM? If police pulle d you over for talking on your cell phone while driving (illegal in my state) I shouldnt be pulling up next to them on the road witnessing them do exactly that.

"He was doing so with the intent of restarting his weapons program once the world looked away," Bush said. "Based on all the information we have to date, I believe we were right to take action."

Right, cuz if you would have done the right thing and said we were wrong, then you wouldnt have been re-elected. Funny thing... I believe Saddam was an asshole, dont ever believe anything different, but destroying the infastructure of his country to punish doesnt make much sense. Funny, cuz Tony Blair has his tail between his legs but is much more graceful....

"evidence about Saddam having actual biological and chemical weapons, as opposed to the capability to develop them, has turned out to be wrong."

Nice, now that a credible guy, when your wrong admit it, but the result of his actions was a good thing. I agree, but its like blowing up a safe with dynamite and realizing the door was open in the first place.

"I simply point out, such evidence was agreed by the whole international community, not least because Saddam had used such weapons against his own people and neighboring countries.

Ok, he has a point, but my point is simply this. The US has been the INTEL superpower for years, its obvious to some that we make ALOT of stuff up based on the premise that out target has no credibility. In this case Saddam, and following the wake of Sept. 11, no one was about to stand in our way, especially with the "if you not with us, your with them" speech that couldnt win an orginality award in a John Wayne movie. When I heard that I shook my head. I was saddened that "smoke'em out" was our strategy, I feared for my future, and I nearly reconsidered my prospect of being a father one day.

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

whoops...

the funny thing is that we went in to depose of saddam and his regime...his army is destroyed, he's in jail, his infrastructure destroyed...and yet we're still fighting...

against some of the people his former enemies

3. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

Say searching for the WMD has been your job all this time.
    how do you motivate yourself to get out of bed every morning after months of not findind anything?

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Re: RE: Uh oh.... PRETENSE ANYONE?

The same that i motivate myself to go to work every morning even though i know i have nothing to do

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Uh oh.... PRETENSE ANYONE?

A smarter president would have planted something by now. I would have.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, if you guys that dont get my points can follow THAT and dont find it convoluted reasoning.. there is absolutely no point in me making any further reply.

Just ONE example... Smokin' comes very close to making the case that if we -and Israel- didnt have nukes, Iran and terrorists wouldnt try to obtain them.

If that is your belief... putting their values and positions on the same level - then you havent read the Fatwa's, you havent read a thing from MEMRI, which is a pure tranlating and reporting service, and you DEFINITELY shouldnt procreate.

7. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

what is MEMRI? Neve heard of it

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

http://www.memri.org/

If you been reading and listening to mainstream media and "dailykos' you wouldnt have heard of it....

It just translates what is really going on in the middle east and unfortunately tends to blow "kum-bah-ya" sentiments out of the water.

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Yeah, I warned him about that...

10. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Is it me or does Pettyfog almost remind you of the asshole from Good Will Hunting in the bar who quotes random sources to further your point. Why did you comment on the article Petty, or Blair?

You crack me up. Ironicaly enough is that people like me may not have created this country, but we certainly fought for truth simply by doubting loons like Bush.

Maybe you can quote me something from Arnold Toinby who pretty much sums it up by saying the downfall of ALL civilizations is the dillutions of varying opinion, the over expansion of military, and the over consumption of natural resources.

11. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

easy on the conservative....we all know that very few of them can can read too well, let alone post on the internet. So don't scare the few that can away....otherwise it'll just be a lot of whiney liberals complaining to one another

that's not very fun for us moderates to read