U.S.A. v. Ecuador (Tampa, FL)

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Feb 1, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

It looks like we will have a little caravan heading to Tampa for this match on Sunday, March 25th. I just received the below in the text of an email about others who will going for a ride on the Red, White & Blue Express. Please if you are in the area, let me know so we can do some pre-party the day before or morning of (USA or Fulham gear, that is the question, hmmm). I highly recommend a U.S. Soccer match, especially after enjoying my trip to Nashville last year. Difference for this one will be better bars, and ahem, other places.

Don't Tread.

-------

Ok folks. You have some options for tickets, but here's some things to keep in mind.

1. The game is at noon on Sunday the 25th. So, there will be some early tailgating.

2. There are, at a minimum, two supporters sections. For both of these sections you get the tickets thru US soccer at the website i've attached below.

A. One is in the SE corner and is known as the "kids supporters section". Family atmosphere. Tickets are $20.00.

B. The second supporters section is the SamsArmy/US Supporters Section. It's section 145, which i think is right under the pirate ship. Tickets are $20.00. You do not sit in this section. You stand, cheer and sing. You get to take part in the big US Flag roll-ups...etc. And you get to hear F-bombs and the occasional upper/middle class wannabe hooligan sounding like and idiot. For exmaple, when the other keeper goes to take a goal kick, everyone does a loud cheer and then when he kicks it everyone yells "You suck $&@hole!" Kind of stupid and childish but entirely safe. It it's where i prefer to watch the match. No one telling you to sit down and you don't have to wonder if you should sit down. (Wear Red, of course). However, some folks don't like the view.

3. I haven't gotten a feel for children and wife participation yet. That may dictate some decisions about seating.

4. I'm not ready to plop down more then $20 or $25 for tickets.

4. Here are the other ticket prices:

$150 On-Field Seats
    $68 Club Seats
    $50 Midfield
    $36 Sidelines
    $25 Corners
    $18 Endlines

5. Here's the website for USSF soccer and ticket information: www.ussoccer.com/articles...81624.html

6. I'm trying to find out where the pregame/night-before Supporters Party (sometimes known as the "chess club") will be. I'm thinking it will be (should be) at MacDintons on South Howard. Indeed, Saturday could be an "all-dayer" at MacDinton's. If it's an international set-aside date by FIFA, there will be some other international matches that day.

Conclusion: Think about what you want to do. Perhaps we can get tickets as a group and save a little money. Minimally, we should coordinate a tailgate party.

Feel free to forward this to other fans.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sounds like a party; I expect photos and pre- and post-match reports. wish i could be there.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

D'oh...I will be in Central FL for Tigers Spring Training...From March 17 to March 24. It would have been good to see that game. Oh, well, I'll have to root on the RW&B from my couch.

4. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I got my ticket, finally comming back to Tampa.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Dude, I'll give you a ring when we get there if not before, if you are interested.

IM me or email me your info at dcfinsf@yahoo.com.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Who else is going?!?!

Dear Christian:

Thank you for your support of U.S. Soccer and the U.S. Men’s National
    Team! We have processed your order for Sam's Army/U.S. Supporter's
    Section tickets to the upcoming U.S. vs. Ecuador match in Tampa, Florida on
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 at 12 p.m. ET. Your tickets will be mailed within
    the next two weeks to the address provided.

Your confirmation number for future reference is XX-XXXX. Please
    reference your confirmation number if you have questions regarding your
    ticket order.

Your tickets are located in:

Section 145, Row V, Seats 16 - 18

As an added bonus, the U.S. Men’s U-17 National Team will play El
    Salvador’s U-17 National Team on the field at Raymond James Stadium prior
    to the match. Gates will open at approximately 9 a.m. and all ticket
    holders are invited to attend this Youth National Team match as well.

A seating diagram for Raymond James Stadium, driving directions, and
    additional information can be found on the official U.S. Soccer web-site,
    www.ussoccer.com.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the U.S. Soccer
    Ticketing Department at tickets@ussoccer.org.

We look forward to seeing you on March 25th!

U.S. Soccer

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

And at least one pre-match event I will be attending:

Saturday March 24th Supporters Party:!!!!!!!!!!!! and Charity auction.

I have spoken to the fine folks at MacDintons Irish Pub in Tampa about the supporters party

The management at MacDinton's would like to invite all US Soccer supports to a gathering (call it a Sams-Army party if you want to) at MacDinton's Irish Pub. (http://www.macdintons.com/ )in South Tampa. Starting at 7pm on the 24th, MacDinton's will give a 25% discount to anyone wearing their USA jerseys and shirts. Also, check out MacDinton's website for their offer on a ticket/transporation/party package that they are offering. $60 gets you a ticket to the game, transport to and from Ray Jay. Two hour open bar after the game back at MacDinton's. Tickets on sale from Monday at the bar.

IMPORTANTLY, in conjuction with the party will be an auction of some autographed soccer items. Rob Stone of ESPN will be on there to handle the auction. Rob says that he'll have Eric Wynalda at the party as well. He says he'll make him come. We'll see. We're making efforts to get some other "names" there too.

ALL proceeds of the auction will go to the Joseph Kolb Family & Medical Assistance Fund. A local paper ran an article back in January about the Kolb family and the injuries to two of their kids. Joseph Kolb is a soccer coach at a local high school. Rob Stone ran across the article and thought maybe the USA soccer community could help---even if just a little. We are confident that the USA supporters will be generous. We (Rob, actually) are working on assembling items for auction (ie..autographed jerseys and balls). As the event approaches, I'll pass on more information about what's up for auction.

Here's the link to the whole newspaper article.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/...y+tribulations

There are plenty of connections to local media, so we're hoping for some pretty good coverage for not only that game, but the party as well.

Carry on.....and spread the word.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Lucky SOB!
    ...if my kid still lived in the area, I'd be finding a way to do it.. if I had to hitchhike.

do the pictures, man!

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I'll make sure at least one out of my group of three has a camera, but the last camera bag I was in charge of (that also had a video recorder in it), I lost. Too much responsibility for someone who starts the eveining festivities with a Jack & Coke.

I'll do the best I can!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

living through you vicariously, Christian. USA USA USA USA!

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: U.S.A. v. Ecuador (Tampa, FL)

Mm... phone pix would do just fine. You can keep those in your pockets.

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: U.S.A. v. Ecuador (Tampa, FL)

Roger that. Good call. (ha, didin't mean to do that.)

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Ecuador brings back bad memories of last season's World Cup for myself and other Polish supporters. I would just as soon forget about that match.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nice for Boca and the Deuce, but also nice to see so many youth players in the squad and on the fringes. Would be great for some of those kids to come through in the next couple of years.

Tom: Everyone looks at Ecuador's altitude and figures that it is the only reason they can compete. I think the last WC and the subsequent trip of a few Ecuadorian internationals to the European leagues has scotched that cliche. A little too late for Poland, though, I'll admit.

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

But a great reason to really want the U.S. to beat them. This will not be an easy match by any stretch of the imagination. Ecuador impressed me with their speed. I think it was England that they nearly beat.

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

More info about the weekend:

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:29 AM
    Subject: Update on Supporters' Party auction items.

Thought you boys might want a little update on the pre-party at McDinton's on Saturday and the auction.

It looks like an FFC Boca jersey is a lock!!

Also locks are:

Twellman/Revs
    Reyna/Redbull
    Landon/Galaxy
    Boswell/DCU
    Gomez/DCU

RealSaltlake/signed by whole team, including Adu.

Various US Nats stuff on the way.

I'm trying really hard to get a Magpies/Gooch shirt, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Bring your check books.

Again,guys, please spread word.

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

And, a follow-up:

25% off special starts at 7....which is just after happy hour ends...... We might do the auction around 9 ish....enough time to get liquored and spend more freely.

Rob's working on getting some other soccer names there too... but right now it's just Wynalda and Heather Mitts.

The Heather Mitts part was a joke. The Wynalda part was not.

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

This from the boys at U.S. Soccer, regarding my request for credentials on behalf of FulhamUSA:

In general, U.S. Soccer does not credential fan web sites.

Regards,
    - U.S. Soccer Communications

That is only my edited version of their reply email, the bassas.

Alternative plans are in the works. Don't know if I need credentials, but may be nice to have just in case.

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Looks like Bradley is calling the Big Dogs, medium size, up and coming dogs, and even one over the hill dog back to the States. I sense someone getting damn serious about the present and very upcoming summer.

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php ... ws&id=2865

Good on 'em. Still needs to prove he's no Sunil lapdog.

Advantage fans, for Tampa and Frisco. Don, you goin' to Frisco?