Toon v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Mar 19, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

see you there timmay! bye the bye, I hear it through the grapevine that Shay Given will not be betwixt the posts tomorrow. That's all to the good for us also.

2. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

I think we'll get at least 2 goals, and KK will come up big...............blawhiarmy...........

3. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

I agree with your line-up.
    And I also like the sky blue kit.....

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Newcastle's front line doesn't worry too much, especially if Owen starts, he's an average striker now and someone like angeland can do well against him. Martens worries me some, and NZogbia, but this team is a mess, tore up from the floor up.

No prediction or lineup here, as I curse the Ws when I offer my opinion, only that I see at least one goal for the Ws and a solid defensive effort can keep a clean sheet against Newcastle. We have to win on the road to stay up, and this is as good an opportunity as any road team has this week.

Also, we showed heart last week, I didn't get the impression that quality was in abundance when we had a lead in some games earlier this year, especially when LS was at the helm.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

7. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I can't be in the chat and watch the game, so will miss your comments.
    COME ON, FULHAM!

8. RDG

RDG Member

I saw only the last bit of Monday's match, and NU did not look good at all. Viduka looked a shadow of his former self, and I didn't even realize that Owen was on the pitch. It won't be easy, but there is hope that we can snag all three points.

COYW!!!

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

well, turns out i wont be in the chat zone. but good luck all.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ugh, and I completely struck out trying to find a bar showing the game nearby this weekend. Internet radio is also not an option, as Fulham TV does not work for Macs, and my in-laws are Mac users. I'll try to make the chat room, but anyone that can make a post later on in the day that shows the game, like someone was nice enough to do for the Everton match, I would be in your debt.

Come on you whites!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

starting lineups; guess Murphy ISN'T suspended after all.

13 Steve Harper (G) ............ (G) Kasey Keller 1
    27 Steven Taylor (D) ........... (D) Paul Konchesky 4
    21 Habib Beye (D) ............... (D) Aaron Hughes 18
    3 S. Jose Enrique (D) ........... (D) Paul Stalteri 17
    22 Nicky Butt (M) ................. (D) Brede Hangeland 32
    20 Geremi (M) ..................... (D) Leon Andreasen 26
    25 Abdoulaye Faye (M) ......... (M) Jimmy Bullard 21
    7 Joey Barton (M) ................ (M) Danny Murphy 27
    36 Mark Viduka (F) ............... (M) Simon Davies 25
    10 Michael Owen (F) .............. (F) Brian McBride 20
    9 Obafemi Martins (F) ............ (F) Eddie Johnson 14

COYW

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have a good feeling about today my fellow Fulham friends!!

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, obviously I was wrong. That sucked.

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I did too... goes to show ya.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was sure it would be 0-2. I never saw 2-0. No way they're 2 goals better than us.

Sadly, the McBride/Johnson experiment doesn't seem to be working. I thought for sure this would be Eddie's day.

Roy! Get your shit together on the training ground, and go out to Pride Park with aggression AND A PLAN!

COYW!

16. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

I felt Fulham played well during the first half, but the second was a disaster. And btw am I the only one that thinks that Danny Murphy should not be on the pitch? Eddie Johnson needs to pull the trigger along with the rest of the team. At least the next couple of games are winnable, especially Derby County. If the Cottagers can't win at Pride Park, relegation wil be a sure thing.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I hate the world right now so beware.

Murphy deserves to be in League 1 next season. He is complete rubbish and slows us down. I never would of thought that a player of his quality would be this bad for us. I was wrong. He is worse than bad. Everytime he gets on the ball he fucks up severly. All we ask of him is to spray passes around the park and he can't even do that. Fuck him.

The EJ/Mcbride combo doesn't work because of our shit midfield. Taylor and Faye do one thing right. They can win balls in the air. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE EJ AND MCBRIDE GO UP FOR BALLS IN THE AIR THEN? WHY?!? Are they that stupid? They can't defend on the ground so attack that way. Everytime we got into a good position we squandered our chance. EVERY TIME! We suck. We truly suck. We can't score against the 3rd worst defense in the league. THATS FUCKING PATHETIC! It is. There is no other way to describe it.

Hangeland had an easy chance to get closer to Viduka and had to screw that up. That goal could of been easily avoided. A lower league player knows to get close to this idiot and Hangeland lets himfire away. Nice job, You cost us any chance of gaining points.

Dempsey should be starting. ANDREASEN IS NOT A WINGER. Get that out of your damn head Roy. He's not. He deserves to be starting in place of Murphy.

People are saying 3 points are an almost sure thing against Derby. Well it's not. I'm not so sure that we don't lose the game. This is utterly pathetic.

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I'm not finished yet.

I said we had a shit midfield. I'm very sorry Jimmy Bullard. This is not your fault. You're the best player on the team right now and deserve all the credit in the world. You are brilliant. So again, I'm sorry.

Now to get onto the rest of the midfield. When we lost Steed,Boa and Diop in a year, I knew we were in trouble. You simply cannot sell these players and replace them with crap. Who did we replace Boa with? Bouazza. Who did we replace Steed with? Simon Davies. Who did we replace Diop with? Fuck, I'm not sure. If you sell players and don't replace them, you're gonna be in trouble. These players were absolute class. They carried Fulham. Without them we now know that we are screwed. So next time Fulham is in the Premiership, make sure you replace the players you sell. If you don't this will happen again.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I can't argue with 24's views re-Steed, Boa, and Papa. I logged on specifically to point out that we didn't really have any replacement for Boa. When we had Steed and Boa, we had speed and aggression on the wings and great crosses into the middle. Aw crap.

Here it is; we can get 9 points out of the next three matches or we can say good bye -- most likely for more than 10 years -- to the Prem.

20. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

...what 24 said.

This doesn't surprise me, this is Fulham defined...You take down Everton and then lose to a struggling Newcastle...I would have been happy with one point from Everton and then one from Newcastle, and well we all know we did better than that...

We have to beat up on the weak schedule ahead of us and that starts next week...I didn't have a bad feeling about this game but I didn't have a good one, it was one of those games that yes it matters, but it wasn't crucial...next week is crucial, we must end the drought and will...

UP FULHAM!!!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=92CfrmADt78