Tony Pulis and Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, Aug 14, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Seems like some of Fulham supporter's favorite manager to moan about will be shown the door at Crystal Palace.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-he-will-be-in-charge-for-opener-9669080.html

I can only imagine who would replace him if he does leave.:rolleyes:

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Is there some prize for relegation this season that I'm unaware of? Seems there are several teams hell bent on relegating themselves before they kick a ball.

There's little disputing that Palace have spent the least (by far) of the teams they were promoted with and they haven't come close to spending anything in line with the increase in revenues they've received since winning promotion. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of managers/coaches (Jason Kidd) signing on for one role and then wanting it expanded to include front office duties right away.

Regardless, it seems like Parrish's ego has written a check his arse can't cash. We'll see, but I'll be stunned if Palace aren't relegated, regardless of who they hire.

It does make you think though, given some of Felix's comments of late. Are we far from being in a similar boat?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    encorespanish likes this.
  4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

All Palace need to do now is hire an avuncular, moderately unpopular, French manager like Villa did 4 years ago and they'll be fiiiiine.