ToL: Roy NOT good choice for Liverpool

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

If Roy leaves, I actually think Bob Bradly wouldn't be a terrible choice. As good as SVE or Hughes? Certainly not, but Bob plays a tactical system similar to Roy's and I think he'd keep us up. With the growth of Spurs and Citeh, I don't see us getting 7th any time soon so I'm not sure what MORE we'd get with a higher profile name.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

For all of you who belive that the World Cup didn't exist before 2006. it's fair to note that this interest in Bradley is not unprecedented. Bruce Arena got a LOT of speculation ofter our good performance in Korea/Japan 2002.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The only problem HD with that is the speculation came from Bruce himself and his desire to manage over there. The "interest" about Bradley came via a tweet from a SI writer. There isn't a snowball's chance in Hades that Bradley would ever be considered for anything higher than League 2. It's hard enough for American players, can you imagine the uproar from English fans to a manager? 'he couldn't manage a pub team'.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

ROY IS GONE

Yeah, fuck all about Bradley in Europe (sorry, he's a second fiddle at this point), but Roy is gone to Liverpool officially. 2.5 million quid to Fulham and an invitation to a relegation scrap for 2010-2011. Damn it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... -liverpool

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Sucks big time but Roy was starting to get on my nerves anyway with all his world cup talking. Schwarzer as one of the top ten players to watch in the WC, England have too much quality for the USA, yada, yada, yada. I've fallen out of love with 'im. He makes plento o' mistakes. Mark Hughes is much nicer on the eyes, hope we can afford him, and I hope Fulham has done it's homework and already has someone lined up.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: ROY IS GONE

Well.. as some say: "He's dead to me."

So long, farewell .. and thanks for all the fish!
    SGE for Manager! A few million and we get to top Roy's team in the table.

- and yes, that IS a significant turnaround in my attitude toward Sven.

Imagine being able to get 'revenge wins' against both the Shite AND ManCiteh!

As of now, I'm locking this thread. No need for two of them and it's too redundant with the 'Next Mgr' thread to merge. If we need a dowsing 'Roy at the Shite' thread we'll start a new one.