The Knuckledragger Derby.. err....Ohio State - Michigan

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 17, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Close as you can get to a REAL Knuckle-dragger Derby.

Imagine if you lived in the Columbus media market. I do.

I only want OSU to win to have a long-shot at the National Championship. If OSU had lost two, I'd still want them to win but wouldnt worry a lot about a loss.. especially as Carr deserves to go out on a good note. Yeah... I know. I've always had a soft spot for Losers.
    -and-
    That way the Buckeyes wouldnt have to worry a bit about beating the snot out of Michigan next year.

Meanwhile I'll just listen to it while helping my brother finish his horse barn. Shows how age changes things... HE used to be at EVERY OSU home game and have or be at a party on OSU/Michigan game days

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

<--- HAPPY BUCKS FAN :lol: :D :D

Well, I scrubbed my hands real hard, and got most of the dirt out from dragging my knucles on the street :lol:

What I greatly enjoyed was seeing Mike Hart run his pie hole in the pregame and post a whopping 44 yards rushing, rising to the big time as he has every Bucks game of his career. My brother is a high school football coach, and he likes to tell his kids that there are 2 types of people in football -- those who are humble and those who are about to be humbled.

But you are right about one thing -- I missed the first half because my one year old son wanted to look at the leaves in our yard. Knuckledragging came in second to that prospect.

And Lloyd Carr, Bucks fans everyhwere... Ah screw it, taking potshots at a man on his way out of town is too easy

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

so how does Chicago Tom feel about the most recent Michigan meltdown?

4. pettyfog

Man... Well the DOWNSIDE is that it's only a matter of time before some BIGTIME football school comes in for Tressel, isnt it!

Oh... wait....

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It was a disappointing loss on Saturday. I did not expect Michigan to win, but I was hoping they might surprise the Buckeyes. It was not to be and it is the end of an era for Michigan. Gone are Lloyd Carr, Chad Henne and MIchael Hart.

While I was a fan of Carr's, it is time for a change. Ohio State has had Michigan's number this decade and that needs to change. I am sure Michigan will have the chace to bring in a big name coach and I hope that is the case. Someone who can recruit and coach and get this team to heights of where Ohio State is.

The Big Ten stinks and other than Ohio State and perhaps a resurgent Illinois, there are no teams in this conference worth a crap. Michigan should improve quickly in this league with the new coach.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

....and by the way, I would not call Michigan's season or even the loss on Saturday a melt down. They did not have a good season. End of story. They lost four games which for Michigan is unacceptable.

Michigan will be back soon. You can take that to the bank.

7. pettyfog

I wouldnt call Michigan's season a 'loss' or meltdown, either.

That loss to Appalachian State, while not a 'good thing', really didint define the talent level in the big ten as much as it showed what really good coaching and a hyped up well executing team can do.

If Big Ten has a problem, it's that the style of football they play isnt up to the style the SEC plays.

I've heard that from several different sources lately.. it's not the talent, it's the 'style'. Frankly.. I dont know what that means.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Who says Michigan won't have a say in who wins the Nat'l Championship this year. The Les Miles from LSU speculation will ramp up, and history shows a coach rumored to be leaving has a negative impact on the team he currently coaches. There is only one candidate for this job (everyone else is window dressing) and Miles has an out in his contract for 1 job....Michigan.

Can't say I watched more than 7 minutes of the first quarter of that game (daughter's game to coach), but I've always laughed about this being "The Greatest Rivalry in College Football". Rivalries are like noses...everyone has one. The only people out here who cared this year (last year when both were ranked 1 & 2 drew interest) are the transplanted OSU/UM fans.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

for years and years, the only challenging match and the only one that mattered was the OSU/Michigan game because they were the only two "quality" teams.

The Big 10 has been THE most overrated football conference in the country for at least 30-40 years.

10. pettyfog

Says a Texan... who, I suppose, thinks Longhorns/Sooners is 'IT'. Just sayin'