1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Interesting matches tomorrow:

Mexico v Costa Rica Mexico is struggling scoring, not sure if it will get much better v the Ticos

Honduras v Jamaica A draw is not enough for either side, so would expect a wide open match, but one Honduras must feel is a must win.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

As whiney as the Ticks were about the snow game, I am almost unsure of my rooting interest in this one. Usually it would be very clear cut.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Darn auto-correct. That should have been Ticos.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I just disagree with everyone who says Cameron had played poorly. Belgium is a tough opponent, pretty much had their A team, and it was Gonzalez and Goodsen that I remember as having the defensive miscues, but being there live I didnt have the benefit of numerous replays. Cameron played RB in the Costa Rica match and in the draw at Azteca. Were they standout performances, maybe not, but no miscues of the sort that warrant being displaced by Evans.

Fair point. btw here is more from Sigi from a Soccer By Ives article. Unbelieveable the number of positions he has played Brad.

5. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Fair enough if you saw Cameron as an adequate RB but I do not particularly when played next to Omar. Far too many combined mistakes by the pairing. I won't make excuses for Omar but Cameron is no help with his own mistakes and tendency to fall asleep when he should be covering. Just my opinion though.

6. Clevelandmo

What is up with Mexico and why do I care? They just arent the villains they used to be. I find myself frustrated that Chicharito cant score.

7. SoCalJoe

El Tri is a MESS!!! They had most of the possession, but Costa Rica was the team mostly likely to score. At ManUre, Chicharito is not the #1 option, so he is much freer to do what he does best which is make runs and put himself in ideal poaching positions. Every CONCACAF Defense is geared to stopping him, but they keep trying to force feed him the ball. 3 home Hex matches that finish 0-0???? Ouch

Honduras with a comfortable win over Jamaica, and it should be a lively affair in Salt Lake City

Costa Rica hosts Panama on Tues. also. Panama desperately needs a result.

:lol: Mo, I have the same trouble in other sports. The world is a better place when the Cowboys are good and I can hate them, they are a joke now and I find myself pitying them. I imagine you'll be able to go back to hating the villains in the fall.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Caught the end of this match, and the announcers were saying that if El Tri stumbles in their first Confederations Cup match, look for their manager to get fired.

Frankly, I can't figure out why he's still got the gig now. Mexico is notoriously quick on the trigger.

I ain't crying either.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Me neither on both fronts. But could any of us have predicted this is where Mexico would be now around this time last year? They looked like they could beat just about anyone on a given day to not being able to score a goal at the Azteca in 250 minutes (if I heard that stat correctly last night on ESPN)?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Did I miss the news about CONCACAF fining Mexico and mandating that the next two home WC qualifiers have to be played in an empty stadium? I was certain that this would be a result of the constant rain of garbage thrown at Costa Rican players. Isn't this what happens in UEFA?

I'm certain I must have missed it. Hmmmmm.

11. SoCalJoe

HD, there was a statement released by CONCACAF, I couldn't find the link, so let me paraphrase: There will be no penalty issued for the following reasons:

• The apple thrown was whole thus it could have been thrown by a Costa Rican fan thinking Ruiz needed a snack.
    • Water bottles....ditto
    • Urine bags have been okayed due to the health benefits for human skin have been proven.
    • The sharpies thrown could be construed as an attempt by a Costa RIcan fan to get Ruiz to give an autograph.

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

:laughing-rolling:

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

14. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

15. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I think they just brought him in since they are in Salt Lake and this is the last game of these run of games, so he gets to come and work out with the team. I highly doubt he will play.

17. Clevelandmo

Can someone remind me . . . where is Mo. "injured", "resting"? Why is he not one of our Dmid options?

And US Soccer can we not fast track petition for Osvaldo Alonso's one time switch to the USA. If ANYONE has a valid reason to switch nations, he does.

18. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

He just had surgery (I think a hernia) last week.

Edit - He tweeted this out last week.

[​IMG]