The Bundesliga

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Nov 20, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php ... ws&id=2429

We've now got I don't know how many Americans, but quite a few, playing in Germany, but it looks like we can now add another. Finally, it looks like Josh Wolff will get his shot at European Footie, without any of the technical barriers he ran into trying to crack England. Not to borrow one of DCHeather's pronouncements, but more and more I am liking what the Bundelsiga is bringing to the table. The Germans seem to be very calculated (imagine that) about bringing in U.S. talent. And even more, the guys they bring in seems to really enjoy playing in Germany. England may need to start looking over their shoulder as being the second home of our up and coming football talent.

GolTV, you have found a new customer (and I can get by just calling my cable tv provider).

On a personal note, did some ancestry research and apparently the waybacks on my mother side are form an area in Brandenberg, East Germany. Let's go Energie Cottbus!!! (although no Americans since Berhalter left :( ).

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You will not be disappointed by following the Bundesliga. I am loving this league the more I watch. There seems to be a lot more goals and action than the Premiership these days.

Go VfB Stuttgart!!!

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Oh and Germany got rid of their foreign player restrictions, so expect to see a lot of unknown, untested, young yanks to get a look.

4. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I am a fan of the Bundesliga also, my team is Hamburg. Although so far this season its been hell for them with injurys.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hamburg has a good team, even though there not doing too well in the standings or playing well together. But I would be shocked if they ended up being relegated.

Van der Vaart is back from his injury spell, I love watching him play, so hopefully Hamburg can start getting some goals soon.

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I dont see them being relegated but the thought of it explains how the season has gone so far. Hamburg has never been relegated before in its history something Bayern cant say.