The Beckham Watch

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 9, 2007.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Beckham PLAYS

Don I watched the match and I would not say Beckham's performance was a drag on LA but he was not the driving force either. Beckham played centrally, had a nice work rate and was tidy on the ball with a couple of pinpoint cross field passes. Donovan on the other hand looked like a man determined to make his presence known. His goal was top notch, his cross on Eddie Lewis' goal looked like something Beckham would deliver and he had another gear that nobody else on the field could match.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

RE: Beckham PLAYS

Agreed, Donovan was a man on a mission.

I tuned in with the hopes of witnessing a donnybrook on the Galaxy sidelines, but instead, and dare I say it, I saw a Galaxy team that looked good?!?

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

You may dare say it but I would advise that you use the caveat "They looked good .... against the Red Bull."

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It appears to me that since January 2008, Donovan has been on a mission. If he keeps this intensity and committment, he [and the USMNT] may be a sight to behold in South Africa.

I can't believe how many good things I've had to say about Donovan in the last 18 months.

5. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I attended last night's game, and I must say, Donovan was by far the man of the match. His goal was probably the most amazing goal I've seen in person (and the one that proceeded it wasn't too shabby either).

I thought Beckham wasn't bad. He didn't look spectacular but by no means would I say he was a drag. I did think he was surprisingly poor on dead balls.

Oh, and the second half was a complete snooze fest until the last 5 minutes.

6. nevzter

:lol:

7. EricD

EricD New Member

Lovely goals all around. Eskandarian's spin was great before the shot too. Donovan got a beauty off, and the LD to Lewis was big time. It was nice to see this team moving the ball around well. As it was said above, I understand the opponent (feel for Angel), but the Galaxy looked like a tough team going into the second part of the season. Beckham was solid, nothing spectacular. I like the new guy Birchall in the midfield (spelled Beckham). Bruce is building some depth too. LD was using his speed like he should a lot more now. It makes him that much more dangerous.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I can't believe I forgot to mention Edkandarian's goal! LA put a goal of the week highlight package together in the first half of the match.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Beckham: Ruud Awakenings

Canales Daily: Beckham Reloaded
    Well, despite our site policy of trashing Canales in return for her attacks on us simple folks at FulhamUSA, everyone but Franek might be interested in reading her reasoning on why Beckham just might work out this time around.

It happens that I agree pretty much. No biggy. Even the Pole star, moon and planets line up every now and then.

Couple little nigglers, though:
    What? Where.. did we miss that? Are there youtubes of Gullit/Gals hilites? 'Era'? More like 'visiting fireman mans hose'.

Lemme propose a few thoughts in retrospect Footy-Babe:

It MIGHT just be the very thing needed for a catharsis involving Galaxy performance.
    SOMETIMES taking a giant dump is what's needed.
    You know.. when you got problems in the the lower GI tract, you go to the doc and complain. He aint gonna suggest you go home and take an Ex-Lax. Which is what the equivalent of Landon complaining to Becks would be.
    No, he gives you a scrip for stuff flushes out ALL the constipation blockage so he can run a camera up there and there's nothing to block the inspection.

So let's just have a little more love and props for yer fellow-journo, Grant Wahl.

Aint like it's FUSA that did the damage.

Sorry, I couldnt resist using that subject line.. even though it only makes sense on a reach.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Beckham: Ruud Awakenings

There's no need to apologize for a good pun! :wink:

As to the Ruud Gullit era of brilliant stuff re-Galaxy, I think it might have been one afternoon when I was mowing the lawn.

11. BC

BC New Member

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Excellent!!

Made me laugh . . . Thanks BC

14. tim

tim Active Member

Beckham looked pretty impressive tonight, if i may say so myself. Beautiful cross to set up the first Galaxy goal, and a very well-placed corner on the second.

Pretty even mix of cheers and boos for him when he was on the ball. If he keeps playing like he did tonight, I'm guessing the boos will quickly fade.

15. Aztattooedsean77

Aztattooedsean77 New Member

I am looking forward to August 15 even more now. 8)

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Beckham is pure, unadultered idiot.

US players cannot live up to his standard of passing and crossing, but then in the brain category he cant be compare to the yank players.

18. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Easy Mo, I'm beginning to think you might be a Republican.

19. nevzter

Becks:

shut...your...fat...yapper!!!!!

20. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Can't say I quite gathered the same impression. He's apparently had his fair share of experiences with idiots. Everyone knows once you grab the guys hand like your shaking it, you hold it tight and box his face with the other.....duh.