thanks to two major assholes,

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Jan 1, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

San Antonio's soccer fans are dancing in the streets [or make that one block of one street]. The handbags going on between Time-Warner Cable [asshole #1, Ted Turner] and FoxTV [asshole #2 Rupert Murdoch] has evidently NOT resulted in us losing Fox Soccer Channel as was threatened. I can now continue to watch Burnley, Bolton, Hull, and West Ham as much as I want. 8)

Oooooh, I also see that FSC is teasing us with the "upcoming FSC-HD." TWC will start running that channel within 5 years of it actually beginning.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Glad to hear you won't be missing any of Jozy's fine performances Don!

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Ted Turner has nothing to do with TWC and hasn't for a long time, for what it's worth.

But if you feel compelled to dance in the street because a negotiation was completed ahead of deadline (even if just barely), knock yourself out.

4. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Bite thy tongue.

Also, Toon drew with Wednesday and Derby, both are in the bottom 6 places in the league. And they drew with Plymouth in the FA cup today with 7 of their 11 having played in the Prem last year. Betting on something to go wrong for the Toon is not exactly a risky proposition. It's like betting on snow in Cleveland in January. If they make it, then my hat's off to them If not, I get to laugh for another year.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I aint moving off topic stuff, like results, from threads like this.
    Think before you post them
    - - - - -- - - - --
    But let's consider some 'big picture' stuff that is 'on-topic'

I think its really important to consider EVERYTHING when you think about this.

Separate the revenue path of Broadcast {OverTheAir} stations and 'Direct to Home' channels.

T-W and other operators already have a little difficulty in agreeing with local STATIONS on what the tariff should be. It costs the cable companies money.. probably more than they gain in revenue in any given case.

OTOH, FSN and esp FSC need a 'subscriber fee' to support cost of delivery.

And where's the income for FoxNews? They should be subsidizing the last miles delivery.

So it's not that simple. You can bet your ass, though, that if Kerry actually gets something done, it will be the WRONG thing.

Because compared to Turner and Murdoch... well, you know.....
    "This is your brain on ketchup"

7. DMiller

DMiller New Member

I know this looks bad considering the players and Fox's threats to pull cable network channels but it is not the only battleground in this fight. It just happens to be the highest profile. I work in the Local Station broadcast business (20 years) and can say that this fight is playing out all over the country with pretty much all of the Cable companies. We have some pretty compelling reasons for needing a piece of the subscriber pie and they have reasons for not wanting to give in.