Taarabt

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Aug 4, 2013.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

as I've said on FUSA's Facebook page, a player who can't be managed and a manager who sucks at man management = disaster. The ultimate million dollar body just south of a 50 cent brain; this guy is NOT the answer to our lack of midfield creativity.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

My main worry is that we have not been able to replace Murphyesque passing ability for the past 2 transfer windows. And we're perhaps going to be missing that player again in this window.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I agree w/everything HD said about this guy (you tend to shy away from a guy who's first adjective is 'mercurial'). However, this dude has got some serious talent. I can only imagine the interchanges w/Berba. This is a close one, but might take a flyer on him if: the price is right (you know QPHa is trying to get us back for the Zamora/AJ sales) & if he is on a short contract (would like it if it's one year, but no more than 2). Would it end badly? More than likely, I don't think Taarabt woke up this morning and suddenly became rational, but there is a risk-reward with him that could really pay off ON the pitch.

5. fulhamusadotcom

fulhamusadotcom New Member

Sounds like a year loan with an option to buy, probably know more of the details later. Also, sounds like from the rumor mill that he might be announced at tonight's game.

6. CottageCop

CottageCop New Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ulham.html

Looks like Jol confirmed it. Pending medical. Part of me is excited about what he can do. The other part is thinking about the disasters that could come from his arrival. He's kind of like this smoking hot girl I dated in college that ended up being legitimately Bi-Polar.

7. SoCalJoe

:lol: What's the expression? 'Date, but never marry the stripper.'

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

He has passsed the medical and is now a Fulham player...sorry, HD.

9. SoCalJoe

Boateng and Taarabt have really increased the talent in the middle of the pitch. Now can it be put all together?

10. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

We may have found someone that can play with the creative genius that is Berbatov and create some magic together harrassing defenses...or Taarabt will get cold cocked by Berba in the middle of a match. There is no middle ground here.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

While talented, this guy is a little &%#$@. I hope he brings some character and cojones to the squad, because he surely is a great footballer on his day, but damn - he's a long way from the spirit of Brian McBride, Danny Murphy, Simon Davies, Chris Baird, Zoltan Gera, etc....nevermind, Mr. Dembele. And Mr. Taarabt on loan instead of Bent - hopefully both arrive at the Cottage, but I'm outshined right now.

COYW

...oh, and Berba and Taarabt may get into a slap fight in the middle of a match...had to say it.

12. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This guy's a head case, no question. Investing in such players is a calculated risk. But I agree with Joe and others that the lad's got some skills. If he keeps his head on somewhat straight and the side can abide the inevitable flair ups, this could work out quite well for us. Or it could blow up in our face. But the dude can put the ball into the back of the net. Again, a caluclated gamble that could pay off big or detonate just below the mandibular.

13. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

As usual, I know nothing about him except what I saw him do against Fulham. On that basis alone I am expecting two goals per match.

14. tim

tim Active Member

Sounds entertaining enough to me to justify signing him. I think I'm going to have to go with Berba on that one. 3-2 favorite.