Support our Sponsors *click*

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Dec 1, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

As you guys may, or may not, of noticed we are testing out Google adsense by putting them up on our site for a while. We are hoping the ads will generate just enough (but we doubt) money to pay for the hosting of FulhamUSA which is about $30 a month.

So, all we ask is everyonce and a while (or more!) you click on one of the ads. They will 99% be soccer/sports related.

Thank you!

2. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Sell out...

3. americanmike

Well believe it or not, every click helps a bit and over time we could have enough to cover our hosting!!! WOOHOO!

4. americanmike

Advertising thus far

Just wanted to give you all an update. Thus far this month we have earned almost $6!! Not as much as I was hoping but its a start.

With google adsense, we are not alot to withdraw until we get to the $100 mark, but then I also have to pay tax. Anywho, any money that we get either with donations or the advertising goes straight into the site...as you will see when we begin adding new features {hint, hint}.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

well, it works.... kinds odd seeing an ad to win a mustang show up next to my mustang thread... not that I wouldnt expect it... but when it's on a 'neutral site' it doesnt have the same impact

6. Jux

Jux New Member

Sometimes the google ads will key off of one word, regardless of how often it's used on a site. It would happen on the PVP comic if an appropriate keyword appeared in Scott's blog. Here, I really expected to only see soccer ads.

7. pettyfog

yeh... now pardon me while I go check out the "ChimpyMcBushitler" t-shirt ads in World news

8. Jux

Jux New Member

Or Mike can pick up one of those TvGo remotes so that he can always watch the Fulham games at Nevada Smiths without having to deal with the bartender.

9. pettyfog

Whazzat at side right now?

Lypha? Is that Lycos reborn?

I went to TVGo, BTW... either a Socal front for the evil chinese.. or the copy guy flunked 4th grade english!

10. Jux

Jux New Member

I would go with copy guy...so that he can change channels at airports and other public places just to annoy people.