Super Bowl Predictions/Parties

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Feb 2, 2007.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It's time again for what has turned into a slice of Americana...The Super Bowl. While the game itself rarely is a great one (the divisional playoffs w/double-headers on Sat./Sun is the best weekend of the year), the day itself has morphed into a psuedo holiday here in the states.

Mercifully, I won't be hosting this year (had forty people at the casa last year). Combine that duty with the fact that I'm a Seahawks fan and my wife a die-hard Steelers fan I needed a break this time around.

Hopefully, CT will chime in and share the atmosphere in Chicago. I spent my high school years in the Chicago suburb of Wheaton during the '85 lone Super Bowl Championship team, so I would imagine its electric.

As far as a prediction goes, my heart says Bears, but my head says the Colts 21-17. Here's hoping your parties are great, your pool numbers come in, and we all are enjoying the day after a Saturday win over the Brown Ales.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Chicago is up for grabs right now. Despite the fact that it is only 7 degrees outside with a windchill in the negatives, people are fired up for this game. Vendors are selling shirts here in the city at loads of gas stations. Here at work we were ablet o dress casually this week in jeans, etc if we wore Bears stuff or Bears colors.

There is little else talked about on the news other than the Super Bowl. If someone were to committ a crime, now is the time to do it.

SOCALJOE, are you a Wheaton South or North graduate?

My prediction is Bears 24-20. GO BEARS!

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Bears: 27-24.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

CT; gotta love those sub-zero wind chill days. I went to what was then Wheaton-Warrenville for 2 years, but that was turned into a jr. high, we were split into North and Central. I went to Central, home of Red Grange and the Belushi brothers. A couple of years after I moved apparently they reversed the jr high/hs status of the 2 campuses.

PCB; Can't see Da Bears scoring that many, unless the D/Special Teams take one in.

5. psand22

psand22 Member

The Colts 27 Bears 23.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

In a close race, I pick the beer commercials to beat the soft drink commercials 17-14. That winner will then lose to network program promotions 66-7.

I expect an electric performance, stretching 60 minutes of football over 8-10 hours. I expect to find out the name of the middle school art teacher of every 4th string tackle. I expect there to be a skeleton crew of 843 camera operators, 71 analysts and 4 play-by-play artists, none of which will sit down. I expect 38 sweaty players on the sidelines to begin a soliloquey with "what's up; what's up." I expect every post game interview to include the following phrases: "take it to the next level," "nobody respected us", "I give all the glory to god," and "we're here, baby."

I console myself with the fact that there's little or no chance of Brent Musburger, Bill Walton, or Joe Thiesman.

I will drink beer and eat tortilla soup with my friends. It'll be a good day.