Sunderland v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Jan 22, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hokay, gang. Only THREE DAYS after the upcoming Cup tie against Kettering, we're off to the Stadium of Light. Don't expect much of a traveling contingent on a work/school night.

I'm looking for the opportunity to shave off my "not until we win on the road in the league" beard, and I'll be wearing a freshly-laundered Volzy shirt to the Lion and Rose to have a brew or two with FulhamAg.

Lineups and predictions after Saturday morning for me, but I thought it was about time to get this thread off the ground.

COYW!

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Thanks for being a spark plug Don! I was about to start this myself.

And I second listing any form of prediction until after Saturday's match (and lineup) and this whole Bullard hubbub...

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

BUMP!!!

No, seriously, this match is in two days! Someone change the next fixture bar on the website. FSC lists the game at 5pm on tape delay.

Sunderland are in a slump at the moment, but still potent up front. Roy should be able to out-manage Sabragia and hopefully we'll come out on top 1-0.

COYW

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Sunderland v. Fulham [R]

In fact, at the moment the Next Fixture bar lists next Saturday's Portsmouth match rather than Sunderland.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Sunderland v. Fulham [R]

i know. i was adding that the game is also on tv.

6. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

RE: Re: RE: Sunderland v. Fulham [R]

Normally I'm not a big fan of the tape delayed games, but this works out good for me. I can listen to GJ at work and get home just in time to watch at home.

We need a win. It would be hard for me to settle for a draw.

2-1 Fulham

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's hoping that Roy introduces Hangman to The Big Aussie tomorrow. They obviously don't know each other very well lately.

As promised, I waited until the Kettering match was over. Here's what I'd like to see on Tuesday.

----------------------------- A3O3 -------------------------

Paintsil ----- Hughes ---------- Hangman ----- PK [grumble]

Davies ----- Andreassen ----- Murphy ----- Dempsey

---------- AJ ----------------------- Z-Bird

Bench: Zuperduper; Kallio, Baird, Stoor; Gray, Andranik; Nevland. [I don't want to see the names Etuhu or Gera on Tuesday]

Sunderland 0 Fulham 1 [After a couple of woeful efforts by our defense, we get a clean sheet, an away win, and I go back to my goatee]

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Was that a prem road win you were holding out for? Otherwise, we just got one.

Flip Davies and Dempsey and I'll agree with Don's XI. Prediction, 1-1.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yes, cup wins don't count -- we already had one at Wednesday.

10. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Like Don's line-up, whether D & D switch sides or not. Andreasen deserves a run and is our best partner with Murphy in the middle.

Did I miss something? Do we now get 7 subs? Nevland should be in regardless of whether 5 or 7.

11. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

I think we really need a win from this one. 3 points would probably go a long way to help the team get some confidence in the new midfield.

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

We've been getting 7 subs all season. 8)

13. jmh

jmh New Member

Since their back-to-back four-goal bonanzas in wins over Hull and West Brom in early December, Sunderland have only scored two total goals in their last four league matches. (This despite the fact that, per Wikipedia, they have twelve strikers on their squad.) This would be a good time for the back line to get things straightened out and keep a clean sheet. With Johnson, Davies and Demps having all played the full 90 on Saturday, I'm seeing this as a scoreless draw.

14. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Too bad Gera's form has fallen apart. I would have liked to see Demps get a crack at Bullard's role. However, at this point seems like we have no choice but to put Andreasen in the middle with Murphy. Man, the Whites suddenly seem lacking in the midfield...

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

My stomach does not augur well for this one. I guess I like Don's lineup just fine. Again I haven't seen the game from the weekend yet so I am relying on the consensus opinion for Gera and hoping to see Andreasen.

No prediction of the outcome, I'm too nervous and because the semester has started, with teaching and class I'll miss most of the game.

Hoping for the best...

16. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Sunderland win I think. Fulham fans begin to manure themselves over relegation fears.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think not on this board. I still think you have pretty much the entire franchice on manuring.

18. Corky

Corky New Member

I hope we can get a point from Sunderland , otherwise the Pompy game will become a must win game , even though we are really only half way through we have some difficult away games coming up , Wigan , Arsenal & Man U.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Better get a prediction in before my internet goes down again (Time Warner cable BLOWS!!!). Not sure of the mentality of the squad, and it would be very easy to see us lose this one.

The captain needs to rally the troops, Gera needs to pull the head out and get on with the job at hand, Bobby Z needs to take that feeling of scoring into a Prem match. A draw would be a good result, but screw it...let's take all 3!!!

20. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

We need the midfield to show up. Sunderland does a good job of stopping strikers, but the midfield should see quite a few chances. Konchesky will have his handfull with Steed, so it will be good to give him some help on that side. Don's lineup on the first page looks good to me...have a feeling Andreasen's powerful shot might come in handy tonight.