Summer 2008 Ins and Outs Part 2

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jmh, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yeah, those odds would have come in handy for winning the lottery or for FFC winning the EPL title but unfortunately we've wasted them on parking.

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Is Roy planning to sell Andreasen, because as far as I'm concerned there is plenty of depth in the center of midfield???

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

4. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

There was a story about Andreasen going to Hamburg, and they were offering quite a bit more than what we paid. I like Leon, but you can't really go wrong with that.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

In my opinion, Andreasen is a better suited defensive midfielder than Murphy. Andreasen lacks the vision on the ball that Murphy has at this time, but his pace and tackling far exceed that of Murphy. He should get more time on the field to prove his worth.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Etuhu is 26; it's not like his ceiling can be THAT much higher than what he's shown up to this point in his career.

To be fair to that BBC Sport gossip headline, Pandiani HAS been linked to Fulham. Of course, that was, what, a year ago? Two? The headline didn't say when, did it?

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Wait, wait, wait. Etuhu is a central midfielder, apparently.

I don't really understand the addition considering the desperate positional need, I think, is at forward. Maybe Etuhu will come in to replace Andreasen or someone else entirely??

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Yeah, when I say high ceiling, I mean that in the most Zattish way possible. His physical abilities are as good as they're going to get, but players that age can still improve other aspects of their game. I think the word I'm looking for is somewhere between "underachiever" and "late-bloomer".

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Speaking of Zat, does anyone else realize we don't have a backup CB?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No, I didn't. I thought Leijer was a back up CB as is Chris Baird, and Tony Kallio. Did we loan them out also when I wasn't looking?

also, I don't know if anyone's posted this link yet, but

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... Signs.aspx

and Roy considers him a defensive mid.

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Hull City is pursuing Seol according to Sky Sports.

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

...that's good news for Dempsey.

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

No, they're still here. But Leijer has never played for Fulham, and Baird and Kallio aren't natural CB's. Honestly, I'd take Linvoy Primus at this point...

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

not necessarily. If Seol is out and Etuhu is in, Dempsey's still riding the pine. Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen any rumors about Deuce leaving. It doesn't seem as if he's on Roy's radar at all.

I did see a comment on Sky Sports news that Roy said that Smertin and CJ are available to whoever wants them. Here's the link.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 14,00.html
    Is it just me, or does Roy sound just a bit chilly?

Just a few more transactions and we'll be reduced to rooting for laundry! :shock:

15. BarryP

BarryP New Member

That is true if Roy plans on reverting back to a 4-5-1 but with AJ and Zamora up front I think we will still see more 4-4-2 with Demps as a late sub if we need a goal and possibly Etuhu as a sub if we are up. This may only mean that AJ is healthy more than being good news for Dempsey.

He certainly didn't beat around the bush about either of their futures for Fulham.

16. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Seol is used as a forward and an emergency winger, both positions Dempsey has been put in for. With Healy gone, that means that while Zamora and AJ are the starters, it's really only between Nevland and Dempsey for back-up/substitution and, unlike Nevland, Dempsey is capable of playing both Zamora's "target man" role and AJ's "withdrawn forward" role. Dempsey would also be the back-up for Gera on the left (while he's not a lefty, he's shown he can play a "workmanlike" winger, on either side).

With the depth we have in the middle, I don't see Dempsey playing there for Fulham unless something earth shattering happens.

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well according to wikipedia, we signed John Utaka.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

all the british sites are so busy, I've been following the BBC transfer ticker. They just reported that Collins John has joined Nijmegan on a free transfer. Back to Holland for the enigma. Also, we've loaned out Zakauni.

Is there anyone left?

Also Stevie Finnan is on his way to Spain.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

One of the features of "live transfer threads" on days like these is the "insider information." There's dozens of threads that begin:

a. my mate is a cabbie and he picked up
    b. I work in sales at and I've been told to prepare a jersey for AND
    c. I was outside Motspur Park and saw ___ training with the first team.

My all-time favorite variation on this just came through on the Beeb's line:

Brilliant!

20. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm confused - didn't the transfer window close yesterday?