Summer '08: Ins and Outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by fulhamlocal, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

Mauro Zarate just left Birmingham, think he'd enjoy West London?

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Zarate looked like nothing against Fulham. He also doesn't play defense. His Saudi club also want buckets of cash. So... he doesn't interest me a whole lot.

Mikael Forssel is a quality player and individual though. Wouldn't mind him coming in to the team.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I heard that N'zogbia wants to move to London. Fair fullback, but excellent attacking mid.

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

N'Zogbia would make a nice LM. Was one of Newcastle's better players when played at LM.

5. rbaikal211

rbaikal211 New Member

does anyone else have high hopes for Lee Cook to come back on loan and make a positive contribution next season? This would be like getting a player who we've paid for in advance. I was excited when we originally got him, but then he got sent off on loan almost immediately. I understand he's oft injured, and to be honest I can't talk to his overall game, I was just wondering if anyone on this board had heard anything on his future with FFC.

Also, I know this is a pipe dream, but wasn't Portsmouth looking to deal David Nugent? I think 5 million pounds for him would be a decent buy that would add to our teams overall quality.

6. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Nugent has been in horrible form as of recent.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wait a minute. Wait a minute! WAIT A MINUTE!!!

First things first; has Roy confirmed he's staying for the next season? Everything depends on the answer to this question. It may be old news, but if it is, I've missed it. Any confirmation would be appreciated.

Thin Kew

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Certainly talks like it is a done deal.

9. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Don, can't find it at the moment, but I definitely read an article recently where he said, in no uncertain terms, that he would stay whether they stayed up or went down.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, Christian and Nick.

Next harried question: Are we touring this summer? I know that Roy has some "I Gotta's" with UEFA, but i haven't heard anything about tours to Asia, Africa, or the Americas.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

We still have Ian Pearce?

Ah, I'm just kidding. I sort of feel bad for the guy - he clearly thinks the game well but it was apparent last year that he was just way too slow to keep playing at this level, and then this year when he went out to Southampton on loan he got injured and only played (I think) one game. Hopefully he recovers and gets a chance to play again elsewhere.

Partially answering my own question about Stalteri:

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's the $64 question: How can a side that ships goals like the Spuds loan out a competent RB? Staltieri covers well, overlaps on the right wing better than Baird/Volz/Omozusi/Rosenior, and GETS STUCK IN.

I'm hoping that Omozusi gets more playing time next season, but I like the Canuk, and I hope he stays.

As for Pearce, I can't forget the goal he scored for us at the end of the 2006-2007 season that he struck with a broken foot. Guts. He's long in the tooth now, but I'm kind of hoping he stays on to work with kids. He's started in attack, midfield, and defense and, until this season, played in every EPL season. And, evidently he's a good dude too.

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I loved that goal and I can still remember watching it hit the net. I forget who the match was against (Middlesborough?), but he basically had a big hand (err, foot?) in saving last season. I can only imagine he's got tons of experience, and I wonder if he has the ability to impart that knowledge to others? If so, he'd be a great training ground coach.

14. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I actually watched that match on TV in Buenos Aires. It was a fantastic finish. But really, he's no good anymore...

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

would take him in a hearbeat! What about Deco? Just saw this on ESPN.
    Is he on a downword spiral? Too Old? Too expensive as far as wages?

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Here's another idea...how bout Steve Sidwell. He's rotting on the Scum bench cuz no way he's beating out Essien, so why not throw out some feelers on getting him? according to the a Villa site,
    why don't we make ourselves one of the "others" and make a run at the red head?

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sidwell gave up first team football for money and cut the heart out of the club that got him to the Prem. Let him rot, I say.

As for Deco, only if had adopts the first name of Art.

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I like Sidwell, but I want Harper more. Harper would be cheaper and is a damn good player that won't sell us out for a shit team like Chelsea. Harper is sooooo damn underated and would make a damn good impact on our team.

Mark Bresciano is another player I wouldn't mind having at the club. 4M is super cheap for a player of his quality.

Amare Diane is another. I like the way he plays, but PSG are asking for 6M and that price is a bit too high.

Evra only has 1 year left on his contract. Worth a move? I love him, but would he be out of our league?

I read that Dunne could be leaving City for 6M. What a deal that would be. I'd love a player of his quality lined up with Hangeland. We would give up at least a quarter of the goals less than what we gave up this season.

Anyways, it looks like alot of players could be on the move this summer. We should have no problem in getting 5-6 quality players.+

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I used to like him, but he left on a free like a bastard!!!!!!!! But in a way, his leaving kept FFC in the Premier League. Meh.

Also, I hope Dunne doesn't have bigger fish to fry as he would be great with B.H.

20. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I would LOVE a Dunne-Hangeland CB pairing.