Speaking of Beer...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Everyone who thinks InBev bought Anheuser-Busch to rape it and take its production out of the country, raise hands.

If you did, you're a moron. It's just the reverse. Just my opinion, of course.

2. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Nothing factual at all here, but the clerk at my local liquor store said the bud man told him that InBev wanted to close the St Louis plant. I'm pretty sure my bud distributor has the inside track.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Way to invite spirited debate, fog! :3d laughing:

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I made a point about him being liberal and open-minded on a subject the other day. This must be a reaction to reasure us on the website, but probably mostly himself, that he is very much the curmudgeon we thought he was.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Oh, the good old days of BANTER! Well, I was right and that clerk and Distributor driver were wrong.
    But in those days, Bud Light was my fallback if the place was unlikely to have Dos Equis, then Sam Adams. Reason.. NO SURPRISES! Everyone knows in cases where the occasion is NOT to drink and judge taste of the beverage, you order a brand that has a reliable expectation of taste and high turnover of stock.
    Unlike movies, NOBODY in real life ever walked up to a bar and said " Gimme a beer."
    And a whole lot of people based their choice on both that AND they loved Clydesdale commercials.
    SINCE THIS thread, 5 years ago my fallback brand changed to Yuengling..., a brand most in my area of Ohio had never seen before, if they'd even heard of it.
    How did that happen?! Appeal to taste, Reliability of taste and turnover.
    How did A-B answer that? ' Hey.. I got an idea, let's market to weirdos!'*
    I find it hard to believe InBev is behind that. I could be wrong.
    But you know it is significant when a writer living in ST LOUIS quips
    "Kiss my ass, I'll have a Yuengling!"

* DON'T miss my point here..That is a market that doesn't exist and never will. For a BrewPub, yes. A major Corporation? Not just NO...Hell no!

Result is that the fallback 'whatever' crowd, being tired of told what to think, and how to think about that just goes away ...illustrating the term "... With Prejudice!"

Last edited: May 25, 2023