Some optimism out of today

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Oct 27, 2007.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I think Fulham will ultimately avoid relegation, even though as presently constituted, this is a bad team. Why? There are three teams in the league worse than Fulham, and over 38 games, that will be born out. One is Derby, obviously. The second is Wigan, they don't have the talent or the resources to stay at this level. (Or the fans; seeing clips of their games and their fans is like looking at Red Bull NY playing games in Giants Stadium). Last, is Bolton. Megson as coach, plus hte fact they can't keep opponents out of the net and with that ugly stall-ball they play, they can't score goals to cover up the leaks in their defense.

So, I think we will be safe this year. 17th place beckons. Woo-hoo :roll:

Thoughts?

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I wouldn't say were a bad team. Not yet has Fulham been played off the field. And last year's team at the end of year was probably the worse team in the Premier League.

And on paper, before this season, Fulham was at best the 14th to 16th best team. All the people saying 10th or higher were hoping for the best possible outcome, but not the most likely one.

Where Fulham is at today shouldn't surprise anyone.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm not surprised at where we are today. Go into the article archives and see my "It's Us v. the Top Six" article. Reality is what it is.

What I am surprised at is all the FuhlAmericans who are getting so negative over Fulham being Fulham. There are teams out there that don't break your heart 2-3 times a month. If you buy into Fulham, you expect this. It's part of the package. Also part of the package is the unalloyed joy you get when you beat Arsenal in the Cottage or draw with Chelsea on their patch two years in a row.

Folks, it's never another day at the office with Fulham. And yesterday also wasn't. One thing yesterday showed me, though, and that was who we have to kill when we don't have Baird to blame for everything -- Sanchez! Of course.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Folks... I'm NOT boycotting Fulham. Honest. I keep getting conflicting schedules for my game times... but...Cant say as I'm too torn up about it, seeing what I have gone through with the Crew in the last month.

I have more optimistic thoughts about Fulham, though. The key is how LS handles the pressure on him.

Like I pointed out in the offal, you'll know it's over when Lawrie starts making really baffling decisions. And resorting to incredulous excuses.

So far, so good.