Selling The Baseball Experience

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 13, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I was gonna post this on the MLB season thread but it's sorta OT.

Tired of having to promote the hell out of games just to get half the attendance of the Red's 'A' Dayton Dragons, Columbus Clippers {AAA Indians} built a new downtown ball park last year.
    A lot of it was modeled on the Dayton strategy, which worked out far in excess of expectations, sold out almost all games.. STILL a ST waiting list after 10 years.

And it did work, though you could and can find tickets pretty easily.
    If I go to a game this year it will either be at Dayton.. or more likely Clippers. My son lives in downtown Cols and is in walking distance from both Nationwide Arena and the Clippers ball park.. and MANY bars.

Sidenote: Of course, after he signed the lease for his upscale townhouse pad, he immediately got engaged to a really cute soccer mom and wont be there a year from now.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Just east from us is the Lake County Captains (Indians A). They built a new stadium about 6 or so years back and it is really nice. Makes for a great outing. Sounds as if the Clipper's park is in a better location, but when the hot dogs are 50 cents and the beers are $1, you dont really need a bar close by.