Second Friendly

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FulhamAg, Jul 17, 2010.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

2. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

RE: Friendly #2, Bournemouth

thats a pretty awesome strike from the Bournemouth dude

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And EJ nearly gets an assist for what would have been the winner.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

But according to the Brit-based boards, he blew a goal scoring opportunity at some other point.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

?????
    IOW.... nothing new here, move along!

Amazing! EJ, Adu, {sorry Mo} Beasley, and to throw in some salt, Danny Szetela.
    And let's not forget another former darling: Collins John.

THIS is why I'm happy Robbie Rogers changed his mind.. and why I'm thrilled Eddie Gaven was never picked up and moved over.

Much as Robbie is maligned on the Crew boards, I think he'll work his way into true potential. And Gaven is just a freaking wonder of nature.

Someday, probably soon, Eddy G will be {re}discovered. And never look back except to say: 'I did it the right way'

---------------------------------------
    Compare and contrast:
    Buddle's goal last night against DC.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDQai5PKOdY
    go to 1:00 mark on video
    Now THAT was a 'grown ass man' effort.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Most seem to feel that Eddie showed well in both pre-season matches. Ray Lew was pleased with his performance in both.

I had to chuckle in the Brentford match. He scored one and set up two, but the moaners on the boards complained that he "missed" two other chances. Other fans -- who actually attended -- said those two "missed" chances were actually "well saved."

There is a sizable contingent out there who virulently anti-Eddie. They feel that his two 2nd half substitute appearances in the league and his 90 minutes in the League Cup against City were enough to show that he didn't have what it takes. He's getting the same sort of treatment -- not prem quality, waste of money, no hope, loser, etc. -- this summer that Zamora and Gera got last summer.

I may be an old softie, but I don't jump for joy when a talented youngster -- and an American at that -- fails to impress in a Fulham uniform. I wasn't in favor of signing him in the first place, but based on what he showed at Aris and what he's shown this summer, I think he deserves a look from whatever manager we get.

7. pettyfog

You're not an old softy in that... I WAS in favor of him coming in. But I put the caveat on it and the only reason I was pro-EJ was he himself admitted he had a psyche or headcase problem.

KNOWING you have a problem and resolving it for good are too different things. He still may!

Which is why I mentioned all the above. Various players spend some time in various levels of denial.

Szetela's looks terminal. Jeff Cunningham on and off. Collins John, who knows but looks terminal.
    But EDSON BUDDLE really didnt have that severe a case it's just that he was satisfied just to start and figured que sera sera.

What a friggin difference in the last two seasons!!!!
    And watch his face. He's one happy fella and he's ALWAYS happy, now.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

good news about Buddle. It's sad when a guy is living out his dream -- and getting paid for it -- and not enjoying himself in the process. Sports and entertainment seems to be the home of this syndrome.

9. pettyfog

just seeing if the spammer is just using a found link address