SB Watch

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 7, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Wow...
    I wasnt really paying much attention and it was HT before I realized it was on.

1. I thought the Commercial slots were sold out.
    - Evidently NOT. LOT of program promos, aint there? Aint seen a decent one yet, and a LOT of locals.

2. The WHO were pitiful as I feared..
    - Could it be there's no recovering that magic

3. The scrum on the HT kickoff.
    - amazing. Could'a beenariot

- The only decent commercial I saw was the Audi 'Green Police'... hmmm.. reached way back into the Auto Union corporate archives for that one.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

'fog -- your 2nd point is part of your first point. The Who may have sucked, but they managed to do a medley of three CBS program theme songs.

I wound up watching the game from about 4 minutes of the 1st quarter on. It may have been the best played "big-time" game I've ever seen. Each team executed very well. There was only one turnover that I can remember -- and that settled the game. Peyton Manning may have turned in one of the 4 or 5 best quarterback performances in SuperBowl history. It's a shame that he did it in the same game as Drew Brees, who was nigh on perfect.

Now, I don't care a lot for pointy football, but Tom Benson is a San Antonian, Drew Brees is the pride of Westlake High in Austin, and we did host the Saints the season after Katrina. We also still have a few former Katrina refugees who attend our church, so I can say that I'm actually pleased that they won the 4.5 hour of television/25 minutes of action game.