San Francisco, November 10

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by HatterDon, Sep 18, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hi Gang!

Well, after 102 years on this site, I may finally get a chance to meet some fellow FuhlAmericans. HatterMom has a thang in San Francisco the weekend of November 10-11, and I'll be tagging along. Fulham are at Liverpool on the 10th, and it's the 1215/1115/1015/0915 late match, so I'm sure it'll be on television.

So, any Bay Area dudes and dudettes care to meet me at the best possible venue to watch fitba, have some decent grub, and have a pint or 6 before noon? I exchanged some messages with Nevzter about this a couple of months ago. Who's in and where?

COME ON YOU SUPER WHITES! Let's drown out the Scoucers. :banana:

2. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Don-
    I am in. COYW.
    Are you staying in "the city"? I am sure we can find somewhere...
    MK

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I will be staying in the city, so everywhere should be accessable by bus or cablecar for me. [I've been to SF before; I know better than to have a car!]

Nevzter gave me a list of a couple of likely venues, but I seem to have mislaid them. I'm sure he'll surface to remind us again. Looking forward to meeting you then.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

For the morning match, I recommend either the Mad Dog or the Kezar Pub. But, please, if anybody has better suggestions in the City, fire away, as my weekend match viewing is limited to my mug o' joe and a couch these days.

My descriptions of the potential watering holes are pasted below. I cordially invite any additional suggestions. Remember, the only ironclad requirement is the joint has to serve booze in the wee hours of the morning...

The Mad Dog In The Fog, at 530 Haight St., cross street is Fillmore, (415) 626-7279, serves a limited English breakfast and will show footie. They have a bar too, many beers on tap. Not a very large pub, and some may call it a lil' dirty (I call it character) but the atmosphere and crowds are usually top notch.

The Mad Dog has a sister pub: the Kezar Pub, 770 Stanyan St. (Upper Haight), (415) 386-9292, it's across the street from old Kezar Stadium. Has a good history dating back to when the 49ers played at Kezar (now the USL California Victory call Kezar home). Pretty much the same deal as the Mad Dog, except a little cleaner (well, that could be in the eye of the beholder). People are still great, usually quite a few ex-pats at these places.

Cheers.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I can give props to Kezar also. On a sunny day in the Haight, it's a fine venue, with Kezar Stadium across the road.

Good bangers and mash. Mind the black pudding, though.

6. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Don-
    I did some investigation and I think Kezar may be the call.
    Most of the "pubs" don't open until 11:00, but Kezar is open at 6:00 am on Saturdays. It also looks like I may have a couple of pals tagging along, I have made them fans o' Fulham.
    MK

PS - Nevzter, are you going to join us? I'll bring the Peets.
    COYW

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be sure to be there. I'll pm you and nevzter with my contact information whilst in The City. Look forward to meeting you two and your buds and hopefully some other FulhAmericans from the area.

Looking forward to that breakfast pint.

COYW!!!

8. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

I can confirm that the Mad Dog and Kezar are good venues, though I tend towards the Mad Dog because they do afternoon replays that don't require me to get out of bed at 6:00 on a Saturday, and they are ususally the pub showing Fulham games.

Kezar/Mad Dog (same ownership, I believe) also have a hotline that you can call during the week to find out what games are being shown at which pub, and at what times. Very convenient.

Kezar may be the "cleaner" choice, though I haven't been there in years, but really, the Mad Dog isn't bad-- I can wander in there and grab a beer, settle in for a game, and generally not get harassed. (Except by drunken, happy Finns. Once. So who knows?)

For a Liverpool/Fulham game, there will likely be a large Liverpool ex-pat supporter contingent at either pub.

So, to support our lads, I could possibly be talked into showing up at the Kezar at an ungodly hour.

COYW!!

9. nevzter

Meggrs, your descriptions are perfect. I tend to frequent the Mad Dog (due to proximity issues) as well, but figured Kezar is a better locale for visitors to the city. Same ownership at the two pubs and the "Football Hotline" is (415) - 442 - 7994; call to see which matches are being played when and where. I'm up to attend at either venue.

Indeed, the Scouse will be in force no matter where we go.

The breakfast pints are already sounding good...

10. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Well, if it's about showing our shiny side to the out of towners, then absolutely!

Actually, Kezar might be a nice change of pace for me, anyway. Though I've been fortunate this season in that I've actually rarely had to leave the house since FSC's had more of Fulham's games than Setanta. Woo! My extra $6.95 a month is paying off.

Coffee. If it's an early match, there must be coffee.....

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Love to see the attendance growing. In all the time I've been posting here, I've never actually met anyone else from the site.

I should be easy to find -- especially in my McBride jersey. If you click on my website below, hit "photos," and check out the old guy hoisting a glass of wine with a fan, you'll see what I look like.

Later, dudes and dudettes!

12. nevzter

How's it lookin' these days, people?

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I'm ready for the Kezar and the match. With kickoff at 0915 and the place open very early, I figure to get there by 0830 and hunt down the gathering hoards. So it's Nevzter, Meggrs, Misfitkid +2, ... AND ... ?

Looking forward to this.

14. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

I am still on, plus my posse...
    And I am pre-approved by the "Boss". ={)}
    MK

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay; Fulham FC club shop came through today. Look for an old geezer with a new strip -- Volz #2 on the back. See you guys at the Kezar!

woo hoo!

16. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Nice. Woo-Hoo is right. See you at 8:30.
    A plain white Dabs.com, for myself.
    MK

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This just in, HatterMom's "I Gotta" doesn't begin until 10:30 on the Richmond side of the park, so she should be able to stop in at least long enough to meet a couple of you.

18. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

I should be there! Grumpy at being up that early, but coffee (and a win?!?) should help.

COYW!!

19. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Meggrs-
    Early?
    You want something from Peet's on my way in?
    You too Don? ={)}
    MK

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Peets? What Peets be? [so asks the ignorant Texan]