Roy's official resignation

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Jul 1, 2010.

1. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    I had to hear about this from Martin Tyler while watching the Netherlands/Brazil match :( . I haven't been keeping up with the offseason very well, I guess.

With what Roy has done over the last few years, I remembered a blog ChicagoTom wrote at the beginning of this season about how the culture of being a Fulham supporter had changed and how we now expected Fulham to get a result instead of in the past when it was a pleasant surprise. He completely changed the mental makeup of the club- he helped create an attitude that led players to have the audacity to believe they could beat Man U, Shaktar, Juventus and the like. Not only that, but they were organized and fearless on the pitch. I'm hoping that spirit will be his legacy.

I'm not all doom and gloom though, I don't think there'll be a mass exodus of players, some will leave probably, but Al-Fayed will give us some new players and hopefully a good manager. He won't be Roy and we'll have to tone down expectations- but I also think losing the majority of our starters and being in a relegation battle is somewhat unrealistic.

Roy will be missed, but life goes on. COYW!

~Steve

2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Roy to Liverpool? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!