Reasons I love Roy

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Sep 5, 2008.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I've been meaning to compile my thoughts on this thread for awhile now but as many of you may have noticed, I haven't posted much lately because I got promoted into a mangement position at work and it's been hectic. Suffice it to say, I've been collecting some different reason why I love our gaffer (in his own words nonetheless), and I thought I would share them with you and ask that you share your reasons for loving Woy. Here we go then:

"We were not guilty of complacency. It was just that our game went to pieces with those two goals Leicester scored but we have come out of it with a couple of positives - one that we were able to find our game again, and two that we learned a lot of lessons without paying the full price."
    - Comments after the Leicester Carling Cup Match

"We have to make sure we don't make any serious defensive errors as Arsenal won't need a second invitation. We have to make Arsenal work hard for the goals they might score."
    - Comments before the Arsenal match

"They say Rangers have not had much money until now. "But I find that hard to understand because they get 50,000 people every other week and it is a very big club. "We are being obliged to contemplate transfers of £6m, £8m and that type of figure, so it seems strange a club of that stature can only afford what they have offered us. "I am perfectly happy to keep Steven. He is a good player and I would be very disappointed if the club allowed him to go for a sum of money that is below his worth."
    - Comments on Rangers primary offer for Steve Davis

"I was anxious to win today. I didn't want to gift our opponents anything and that's what we have done. People use the word 'disappointed' too much these days. I'm not disappointed, I'm very angry about it."
    - Comments after the preseason draw with Torino

“I have no idea where that story has come from,” he said. “No-one has approached us about Paul Konchesky because it is pretty obvious to everyone we are not interested in the slightest bit about selling Paul Konchesky. “And if I was Paul Konchesky, I would be very sad to see my name linked with a £2m transfer when I am a player who is worth a lot more than that."
    - Comments on rumors of Blackburn interest in Konch

"Today we've beaten one of the very best teams in the league, and maybe shown the pedigree to prove that we do belong here."
    - Comments after the Arsenal victory

I think that's a good start for reasons I love Roy. Now what are yours?

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

My favorite reason: FFC is in the Premier League for 2008/09!!!!

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

He leaves his ego at home. Despite his long list of accomplishments he never says things like "I beat Spain and Sweden and I would've gotten Northern Ireland into the Euros". It always about the performance of the players and putting the work in at the training ground.

4. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

The right man at the right time. One with the ability to help us survive the drop one year and avoid a repeat of the stress in the seasons to come.

A Man for All Fulham Seasons in an age where the trophies appear to be increasingly reserved for the Billionaire Boys Club.

He's very similar to another Fulham manager I've been reading about: Doug Livingstone. Livingstone was extremely professional with enough skill to build Fulham into a competitive force in the late 50s. I think Fulham's story would've turned out in far better fashion over the next 15-20 years had they been able to retain his services beyond 1958.

RH has that ability. But Livingstone didn't have to worry about clubs who could pay £30 million for a player without suffering a moment's sleep over the loss. At this point in time, I'm more than happy with a manager who can keep us ahead of many of the also-rans and at the same time give us the scalp of one of the big boys every now and then.